We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

heading there

Queensland
4 posts
heading there

I am visiting Garfield in June for a hoilday with my best friend, I am wondering if you can give me some advice as to what to do and enjoy, I have only been to Missouri, but not to arkansas, any advice? especially good restaurants

Arkansas
Level Contributor
77 posts
3 reviews
1. Re: heading there

I had no idea where Garfield was until today.

You'll be right by Beaver Lake and Eureka Springs. Eureka Springs is one of the big tourist destinations in Arkansas, definitely worth visiting. Beaver Lake is very nice, good for skiing, boating, fishing. Branson Missouri is one of the biggest tourist destinations in the country, not too far away. Depends on what you like...June in Arkansas will be warm, the woods will be a little buggy but enjoyable. The Buffalo River isn't too far away, it's great for floating, hiking, etc.

Queensland
4 posts
2. Re: heading there

Thank you for taking time to answer my query.

I can't wait to be there, my best friend mentioned going to Branson, he said they have a cruiser or something like that which you have meals on and it has a live show, am I correct? we will probably do that and then see silver dollar city and a few other places.

Thanks for your help, I will mention them to my friend,

God bless you

aussiewhirly

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: heading there

Eureka Springs is a very pretty town. eurekasprings.com/attractions or eurekasprings.org Many good places to eat in Eureka. Just outside of town is a wildlife refuge for lions, tigers and other big cats. www.turpentinecreek.org A very beautiful glass chapel: thorncrown.com Also, eurekagardens.com and Cosmic Cavern. There is a 10 foot section of the Berlin Wall near the Christ of the Ozarks statue. Not sure when in June you're coming, but from June 13-15th Eureka Springs is hosting the 10th Annual Native American Pow-Wow.

In northern Arkansas near Mountain View, (directly north of Little Rock on the map) is Blanchard Springs Caverns. There are 2 nice walking tours and 1 wild cave tour. blanchardcavetours.com The Ozark Folk Center is also in that area. ozarkfolkcenter.com

If you are interested in wineries, there are several in northern Arkansas. arkansas.com/things-to-do/wineries-micro-bre…

Queensland
4 posts
4. Re: heading there

Dear Flame,

thank you so much for that information, wow, I can't wait, I will definity put that on our agenda.

I appreciate your time taken to put this in.

aussiewhirly

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
5. Re: heading there

you're welcome. I'm sure you'll have a great trip.

If you are interested in birds, there is a place just outside of Branson that has many different parrots and a nice magic show. Saw it a couple of years ago. Hope it's still there, I'd like to go back myself. Can't remember the name of it, but there were pamphlets at hotels. If Yakov is in town, be sure to go see him. It's a great show. Really funny. The Titanic exhibit is very interesting. They give you a ticket at the door that has a passenger's name on it, and you see the list of survivors at the end of the tour to find out if your ticket was for someone who survived. They have a container of water there you can put your hand in that is the temperature they believe the water was when the ship went down. I lasted about 3-4 seconds.

Queensland
4 posts
6. Re: heading there

Dear flame,

I definitely love birds, we have so many beautiful parrots and birds in Australia and I am sure there are many there too, I loved seening the little squirrel when I was last there, I love animals and such.

I believe that my friend and I are going to see the titanic and there is another boat there too, one that has a live show, is that it?

Thanks again for your help

I will get my friend to check out that park and see if it is still there.

aussie whirly

Ward, AR
Level Contributor
878 posts
10 reviews
7. Re: heading there

Found the name of the bird place. It's 'Wing's of the World'.

The boat sounds like it is the 'Branson Belle'. www.showboatbransonbelle.com An old time looking riverboat with varying entertainment shows that cruises on Table Rock Lake.

8. Re: heading there

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 September 2009, 12:20
Get answers to your questions about Garfield
Recent Conversations