We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Magic Tours

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Magic Tours

I was wondering if anyone has had experience with Magic Tours Venezuela? I am considering booking with them but can't find any reviews.

Mentioned in this post
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
Margarita Island Full-Day Tour
1 Review
US$120 per adult
Free Cancellation
Margarita Island Half-Day Tour
US$64 per adult
Free Cancellation
Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Magic Tours

We have a B&B in Playa El Agua & our guests have used them for many years without any problems.

I know the owner, Daniel Medina, and he is honest & conscientious.

Mentioned in this post
Playa el Agua
Playa el Agua
Margarita Island, Venezuela
St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Magic Tours

Hello,

Just wondering if you ended up booking with them. I'm headed there March 22 and was wondering about them too.

Joanne

Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Magic Tours

I did end up going with them. I leave this thursday so we'll see how things go. I've been in close contact with through e-mail and they've confirmed all of my hotel stays and flights from Caracas to MI. I can send you some information on price if you'd like.

Mentioned in this post
Caracas
Caracas
Capital Region, Venezuela
St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Magic Tours

Their tours sounded very good and very reasonable, so I contacted them (via e-mail) re: booking two tours. I was given a choice of 3 different bank accounts to deposit our payment into (Canada, U.S. and Europe)... (right...I'll get right on that!) I asked what they needed for confirmation, and they wanted our full names and passport numbers!!! (I'll get right on that too...as soon as I finish taking "stupid" pills!) The bank accounts are under the name "Daniel O'Brien", not Daniel Medina, and the contact person is Ciro Abanto. At this point, skeptical would be an understatement ! Perhaps it's as the old saying goes ..."if it sounds too good to be true......"

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,332 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Magic Tours

Maybe i can clear up the confusion.

Magic Tours doesn't have accounts in the US or Canada so Dan, who is a well known Canadian who has lived in Playa El Agua for more than 20 years, helps them out by accepting payments for them and then passing them on to make it easier on foreign tourists. With the foreign exchange controls it's very difficult to do normal business in Venezuela.

Ciro Abanto is just one of the employees answering e-mails.

They need passport numbers in order to book tours or flights - all quite normal.

You are correct to be cautious however in this case you have nothing to be nervous about.

Mentioned in this post
Playa el Agua
Playa el Agua
Venezuela
Venezuela
South America
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Magic Tours

All of my vouchers seem legit and they were able to change our hotel and airfare because we couldn't get out of Minneapolis until last night and missed our flight to Caracas. We arrive tonight and were provided detail instructions along with phone numbers for all hotels, airlines, and Magic Tours employees. From their professionalism thus far, I don't expect to have any problems with Magic Tours. All of my vouchers have the owner's name and I also did research on Daniel O'brien and he's another business owner on MI with nothing but good reviews, so I'm not too worried. I doubt you'd find a better deal than with these folks, I know I couldn't after searching heavily online.

Mentioned in this post
Caracas
Caracas
Capital Region, Venezuela
Honolulu, Hawaii
Level Contributor
40 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Magic Tours

Magic tours has been amazing. Very inexpensive and professional. Ciro takes cares of everything within minutes of me sending an e-mail. They knew my wife was disabled and without me asking, they went and got her a very nice wheelchair. They gave us a very good exchange rate, among other things. I will be using them again.

St. Catharines...
Level Contributor
5 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Magic Tours

I booked Magic Tours for two excursions. For the jeep safari, we waited at the lobby as instructed, but after a half hour, no one showed. We then made other arrangements, and after doing so, Magic Tours showed up. ..too late!

For the second tour (to Cubagua), we were greeted by a rather miserable driver who was annoyed that we were late (even though we were ten minutes early). Apparently she was told to pick us up at 8:00 am, but we were told 8:20 (as was another couple). Other than encountering her miserable state, our day was wonderful! We had a bit of a glitch because we didn't have a voucher (which unfortunately was sent to me AFTER I'd departed for Margarita), but the tour staff waited while it was sorted out. We paid $40.00 U.S. for this tour, while others we spoke to paid $60 and $80. Magic Tours is definitely your most reasonable option!

Despite a couple of glitches, I would definitely book with them again!

Mentioned in this post
Margarita Island
Margarita Island
Coastal Islands, Venezuela
Juan Griego...
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Magic Tours

Hi. Re. Magic Tours, I have a posada (family-run hotel) here in Juan Griego and I have worked with Daniel and his wife Maya for about 3 years, booking many tours and excursions with them. They are good, decent and honest people - OK, like everyone else they make the odd mistake, but I would certainly be prepared to vouch for them. By the way, if you want to check out my reputation, look for Hotel Patrick on Trip Advisor.

Mentioned in this post
Juan Griego
Juan Griego
Hotel Patrick
Hotel Patrick
134 Reviews
Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Magic Tours

BEWARE OF MAGIC TOURS!!!! We have email proof of the lies this company told us which we have sent to the owner several times with no reply!!!....We were contacted at the Ikin Hotel, Margarita Is and told our direct flight to Los Roques was not going and so we needed to be waiting outside our hotel at 4.30am on the Tues morning 25 October for a transfer to CCS airport and then another flight to LR. We were advised not to be late! Ciro told our daughter in law he knew the property, Villa Maloka. We were waiting at the gate at 4.25am..we used our Australian phone and the Villa Maloka’s guard to direct the driver to the property as he had no idea where it was! It took 40 minutes for him to arrive…the driver was furious with Ciro. He apologised indicating it was not his fault. He then drove extremely fast to the airport in a small minivan and we arrived in 25 minuteS. We were very frightened. .........

When we arrived at Los Roques we were not met at the airport. The attendant at the Tropicana said she had no idea when we were arriving, what scale of accomodation we had booked and advised us to pay the porter US$10 for delivering our bags to the Posada! The room provided was so small we couldn't fit 2 bags on the floor. The bathroom was so tiny it allowed only the use of either the toilet or the shower (which had no water pressure and only 6 holes running out of a rusty spray!) There was no effective screening on the windows, the power went out early evening, so there was no light and no fan. It was extremely hot and humid weather. The room was filled with midges and took weeks to recover from the bites. Carolina (owner) had apparently been paid by Magic Tours to accommodate us however we were unable to stay in her accommodation due to it's totally inadequate level of "Premium Accommodation" which we had been promised by Ciro! This accommodation was not what we had requested - it was poor backpacker lodging at best. We chose from the 3 selections which he indicated were "Premium" and this was absolutely not that standard. The next morning we moved to a "Premium" accommodation "Posada Natura Viva" and promptly rang to advise Ciro of this. He was totally uninterested in our complaint and request for some compensation. We paid US$150 per person for 2 nights = an extra USD$600.00 on top of the $1,700 already paid in good faith. Neither Danial Medina or Ciro Abanto (Agent) has replied to our 4 emails. BEWARE MAGIC TOURS - shoddy backpacker deals

Mentioned in this post
IKIN Margarita Hotel & Spa
IKIN Margarita Hotel...
244 Reviews
Los Roques National Park
Los Roques National Park
Coastal Islands, Venezuela
Posada Natura Viva
Posada Natura Viva
98 Reviews
Los Roques National Park, Venezuela