We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

english speaking staff

San Fernando...
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
english speaking staff

hi there, has anyone encountered any of the hotels in margarita, mostly the all inclusive ones where the managers and other staff members speak English

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: english speaking staff

With the changing hotel labour market over the last couple of years unless you visit these hotels it's hard to know what staff they have.

Rather than go to an "all inclusive" why not stay in a local posada. There are many with foreign owners & managers. I'm Canadian & both my wife & our manager speak English. We are not the only ones.

The benefit of a posada is you will get to experience the restaurants & local life that Margarita has to offer.

San Fernando...
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: english speaking staff

thanks for your info, but tell me something would it not be more costly buying meals on the outside?

Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: english speaking staff

Not at all.

Prices for foreigners are really inexpensive compared to any other vacation spot you could visit in the Caribbean.

Also the food at "all inclusive" hotels, from what I've been told by my guests, is bland & unchanging.

On the other hand local restaurants serve excellent food at reasonable prices.

Prices in $$ for posadas are really reasonable.

We have an offer ongoing for low season (until Dec. 20) that includes 1 night free + a 10% discount.

The net result is a price that's unbelievable on any other Island.

fort worth
Level Contributor
208 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: english speaking staff

hi,

I've been trying to visit the island for the last couple of years but something always comes up. This may be the year though.

I have a question though. Is there anyway that I can fly to the island without going to Caracas?

I thought at one time either Aruba or Trinidad or Tobago had direct flights there.

Are there any islands in the Caribbean or countries in South America (Columbia) they may have a direct flight.

Thanks,

Jeff Keller

Edited: 31 August 2013, 09:11
Margarita Island
Destination Expert
for Margarita Island
Level Contributor
2,278 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: english speaking staff

Hi Jeff,

First of all there in no problem going through the Caracas airport and is certainly easier than other options.

As you are in Texas just book a flight with United from Houston to Caracas & then a 35 minute shuttle flight to Margarita.

The flight leaves Houston at 11.59 PM & arrives in CCS at around 5.30 AM.

My wife & I did the trip in May & it's very easy.

Magic Tours here in Margarita can book your national flight for you.

See more info & contact details here:

www.islamargarita.com/magic-tours-english.htm

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
728 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: english speaking staff

A few years ago I flew through Caracas from Toronto, Canada to get to MI. My flight arrived at CCS at 12 midnight so I ended up spending the night. Initially I was apprehensive about doing this but once I got there i felt quite at ease. There is a secure walkway between the international and domestic airport buildings so you wouldn't even have to go outside.

San Fernando...
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: english speaking staff

hi there are direct flights to margarita from Trinidad, and there are also all inclusive packages available

you can try looking on Google for travel agents in Trinidad with margarita packages and see which one suites you

Edited: 01 September 2013, 21:46
Orlando, fl
Level Contributor
10 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: english speaking staff

I have flown directly from Barcelona, Ven. to the island...arrives at 8:30 pm

streeter
Level Contributor
17 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: english speaking staff

There you can find "Dunes Beach Resort Hotel" which has English speaking staff.

Dunes Beach Resort Hotel Located on one of Margarita Island's most beautiful beaches, I hope you will enjoy over there.

Cheers!

San Fernando...
Level Contributor
7 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: english speaking staff

thanks appreciate it

Get answers to your questions about Margarita Island
Recent Conversations