We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Camping

Shreveport...
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Camping

We are wanting to camp and kayak the caddo this weekend. Possibly get in some hiking as well. We like to camp in a scenic area that isn't crowded and feels private. Suggestions for camping, hiking trail, and best kayak route? Who is best to rent from?

1 reply
little rock arkansas
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
287 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Camping

Here is information from my best local source:

For kayaking/canoing the caddo there are a couple of rental services. Caddo river camping and canoe rental in glenwood 870.356.5336, 888.300.8452. I have used them before with the old owners and was satisfied. The camping there is ok but not remote or very private, if I remember correctly. The other rental service is Arrowhead cabin and canoe near caddo gap, not familiar personally with their services. There is a Crystal recreation area north of Norman that has some short trails and some primitive camping. Here are the directions from Tim Ernst “Arkansas Hiking Trails”. Take hwy 27 north out of Norman ½ mile turn right on Forest road #177 go 3 miles and turn into the Crystal Recreation Area. I have never stayed there but this might be your best bet for private/primitive camping. North of here and west is the Womble Trail that offers some of the best Mountain biking/hiking in the country!

Reply to: Camping
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Glenwood
Recent Conversations