We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Do not do business with this place- Tater Farm

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Do not do business with this place- Tater Farm

I feel like they are out to get your money. Their method of business is horrible. They talked to me on the phone and told me a certain price. I booked accordingly, excited to take 40 college students on a mountain climbing trip. 5 days later I called and they told me a different price. I may have not heard them the first time, but I highly doubt it since I wrote it down in two different spots while on the phone with them. I asked them why they didn't send me an email confirmation or receipt. If I would have seen a discrepancy in price, I would have alerted them asap. After pleading with them on the phone, I just decided to cancel. I asked for my refund back since I was told a different price that I did not agree with. They told me no and then decided to hang up on me. I repeatedly tried to call back to negotiate half of my deposit, but they continually would answer and hang up on me without saying a word. I would not advise you to do business with Tater Farm. You could find 500 dollars stolen from you.

1 reply
Destination Expert
for Seabrook Island
Level Contributor
1,094 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Do not do business with this place- Tater Farm

You did submit your deposit via a credit card, right?? Most vacation rental owners I know (myself included), require a signed contract and a deposit to reserve a property. Any funds paid are refundable up until 30 days prior to the start of the vacay (some owners will deduct a small "reservation fee").

Contact your credit card company.

Having said all that, did you look at the photos of the cabins?? Did you count beds? Sure, the site advertises maximum occupancy (and it would have held your group of 40 easily) but seriously, I can not comprehend how these units can sleep what they say they do.

College students do not like sharing beds! Heck, sisters don't like sharing beds even if it is a king size bed:-)

Reply to: Do not do business with this place- Tater Farm
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Heber Springs