We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation in Heber Springs

NOVA
Level Contributor
3 posts
21 reviews
Transportation in Heber Springs

Is there a taxi service in the town of Heber Springs? My parents are coming to town for a workkamper event by RV but are not towing a car. Since the events are at the community center we thought they could walk from the campground, however in looking at the satellite view of the map it looks like only a highway connects the two areas.

6 replies to this topic
little rock arkansas
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
287 reviews
1. Re: Transportation in Heber Springs

Sorry no taxi in Heber. There is a shuttle service mainly for seniors for medical appointments but I am told it probably won't work. If you need a car, your best bet would be to rent one. The local rental agency is called "You Save Auto Rental" 501-250-0999.

Arkansas Ozarks
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
48 reviews
2. Re: Transportation in Heber Springs

Was in Heber Springs on 11/29/12. Saw a minivan in the parking lot of a grocery store with a sign on the side that said "Jack's Dial a Ride 691-6088". The driver was an older man, and the minivan was an older model.

Edited: 01 December 2012, 12:50
Atenas, Costa Rica
1 post
3. Re: Transportation in Heber Springs

Live in Costa Rica, considering buying a lake house in Heber Springs. Can't seem to find ANYONE who offers transportation from the airport in Little Rock to Heber Springs. All rental companies say I have to bring car back to same location. No buses? No taxis? No rent cars one-way?

little rock arkansas
Level Contributor
3,340 posts
287 reviews
4. Re: Transportation in Heber Springs

I don't exactly follow why you do not want the round trip car rental but guess you have a good reason - It's not going to be easy but it looks like there is one bus per day from North Little Rock to Searcy and one or two cab companies in Searcy, which is a half hour from Heber. Very complicated and probably an expensive cab ride. The only other thing available, and this would be very pricey, would be some sort of chauffered car from Little Rock. These alternatives seem way worse than the round trip car rental from LR but if you need further websites etc, let me know. I was not surprised that there was no drop-off rental car available. Rarely does a rental car company offer such option in a town the size of Heber .

Heber Springs...
Level Contributor
25 posts
15 reviews
5. Re: Transportation in Heber Springs

That fella mentioned above drive people to Little Rock. I'm thinking I should start also. Another idea would be to get on one of the Heber Springs Facebook groups.

6. Re: Transportation in Heber Springs

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 May 2016, 07:01

Reply to: Transportation in Heber Springs
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Heber Springs