We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
11 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

We are looking for a vacation rental in Heber Springs and are having trouble finding the right place. I wondered if anyone might be able to help. We do have some very specific needs (so hard to please everyone in the family).

We are looking for LakeFront not RiverFront and one that will do 4 nts rental (not full week)..... Thanks

-4 Bedroom

-Lake front (with good view - balcony, patio, or deck)

-Pool access (community pool)

-Walking distance to swim beach

Mentioned in this post
11 replies to this topic
little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

I'd be surprised if you find a place with all these requirements at Greer's Ferry. The reason Greer’s ferry is the most beautiful lake in Arkansas is because there are not all these developments crowding the lake. There are all kinds of restrictions to construction on the lake.. You have probably found the below 4br possibilities already and ruled them out – no pools etc. Tannenbaum has lots of rentals as does Red Apple. Red Apple has three br condos with triple bunks in one room and pool access but not on-lake. You will not be disappointed by renting a nice place at Greer’s Ferry but you may have to shift some of your restrictions.

www.aprillake.com

www.vrbo.com/86366

http://www.vrbo.com/346984

http://www.vrbo.com/95035

www.tannenbaum.com

www.redappleinn.com/

Mentioned in this post
Arkansas
Arkansas
United States
Mid-South, TN
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

Community pool access is just wishful thinking I am sure. It would be nice to have but not necessary.

We know we don't want riverfront because there are kids in our group so we definitely want lakefront.

Mid-South, TN
Level Contributor
41 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

I am wondering if there is a certain area that would be best for us. We are a group all in our late 30's - early 40's with kids. Some of the kids are not real comfortable with lake swimming but I am hoping that they will be comfortable with it during this little vacation.

little rock arkansas
Destination Expert
for Little Rock, Arkansas
Level Contributor
3,337 posts
290 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

Greer's Ferry is beautiful and I think you will like it. I would not want to steer anyone away from it, but looking at all your criteria, have you looked at my suggestion on your Hot Springs post for the Mountain Harbor Resort four bedroom condos at Lake Ouachita, outside of Hot Springs? www.mountainharborresort.com › Lodging

Mountain Harbor offers the beautiful Lake Ouachita, boat rentals, swimming pool, restaurant, even a spa for those who might so indulge. From there you can take some day trips to some of the following places which would interest the kids and also the adults:

* Mid-America Museum www.midamericamuseum.org/ A really great hands-on science museum for all ages. There are flight simulators, coal mines you crawl through, and many fun hands-on exhibits.

* Crystal mining - www.wegnercrystalmines.com/ One of the few areas in America for family “mining” – you actually come away with buckets full of beautiful quartz and you get REAL dirty! Lots of fun but bring OLD clothes!

* Garvan Gardens - www.garvangardens.org/ Real nice gardens to roam through

* Lots of nice restaurants, old bath house row, historic Hot Springs www.hotsprings.org/

5. Re: Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2015, 20:39

6. Re: Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2015, 20:39

Little Rock...
Level Contributor
1,154 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

HeberBlonde - you should pm the OP with this information. Your posts will probably be removed as they meet the definition for advertising, self promotion, etc.

Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

Ok. My bad. But why does Mtn Harbor Resort posted above my reply get to keep their post active?

Thanks!

Level Contributor
3 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

Thanks for the heads up, John!

Dee

Illinois
Level Contributor
2,161 posts
172 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)

That post wasn't made by the resort. It's one thing for a traveler or destination expert to make recommendations based on their personal knowledge or experience, but it's completely different when the owner/manager promotes their property. Nobody wants to be "sold to" on this forum.

Reply to: Looking for Heber Springs Rental - Lakefront(not river)
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Heber Springs