We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona

Santo Domingo
3 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Save

Playazul is a little paradise located in the south of Dominican Republic, 10 mins. from the Maria Montes airport in Barahona city. It is managed within the strict quality control ISO9001 regulation. It has 20 rooms available, from which 12 are single rooms, 6 are family rooms and 2 other rooms in the second floor. All of them have direct view to the ocean and include air conditioner, fan, TV. with cable, phone, safety box and hot water. Spanish, english and french are spoken.

The hotel has a private clean beach strictly for Playazul´s clients. It also has a beautiful pool from which one can view the ocean.

Playazul has a magnificent restaurant, very well-known in Barahona city and chosen by many in town because of its quality. It also has view to the ocean and it has a comfortable setting. Here you can find traditional good Dominican food and a varied french menu. Breakfast is included in the price.

The hotel has a large car park space and a heliport. It has security all day (private security and state security), the hotel manager is always in the hotel, and there is qualified staff ready to accomplish client´s neccesities.

As part of the amenities you can enjoy massages in front of the ocean, visit Bahia de las Aguilas (a virgin beach), go to Lago Enriquillo (national park), experience the Polo Magnetico (one of the wonders of Dominican Republic), and experience all the wonderful activities the south of the island has to offer.

To make reservations you can call: 1-809-204-8010 or 1-809-424-5375

10 replies to this topic
north carolina
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
20 reviews
18 helpful votes
1. Re: Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Save

Recently stayed at Playazul for 6 nights and it is a very nice place. It is not listed on tripadvisor or I would definitely have given it a nice review with some pics. Agree with Christina on all except the speaking of English, while Karen spoke a little English I would not say she is fluent by any means :) and anyone visiting this area of the DR (the most beautiful and diverse on the island IMO) should know Spanish or have a guide with them. The polo magnetico is on the way to cachote, which is a nice place to visit but I would not have gone just for the polo magnetico. Lago Enriquillo is a nice tour but skip the southern part and the border town of Jimani is nothing special to see either in my opinion. The rivers at los patos and san raphael are very fun and the people in the southwest are as friendly and truly Dominican as you will find on the island.

Santo Domingo
3 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
2. Re: Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Save

Thank you Ben for your opinion!!, highly appreciate it. We will open a facebook page shortly while we work on the official webiste, so please stay tuned, and we would love to have you visit us again soon!

north carolina
Level Contributor
1,419 posts
20 reviews
18 helpful votes
3. Re: Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Save

Thank you Cristina. I also tried to leave a review on DR1 but i think their resort review page is out of date or no longer valid. I did do a trip report there in which I downloaded some pictures of Playazul and the region if you are interested.

http://www.dr1.com/forums/trip-reports/120194-dr-trip-2011-a.html

We would love to return to the Barahona area and if so will definitely be staying again at Playazul! (My next mission is to learn Spanish!)

Stoney Creek Ontario
Level Contributor
649 posts
8 reviews
67 helpful votes
4. Re: Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Save

Thanks for posting this excellent link Ben. Really enjoyed looking at the photos also.

santo domingo
1 post
2 reviews
5. Re: Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Save

Playazul es un pequeño hotel que tiene todas las facilidades que uno busca cuando quiere vacacionar. Es de tamaño mediano, con habitaciones confortables, con aire acondicionado, abanicos de techo, televisor a color, teléfono, restaurante, piscina y playa. El servico de energía eléctrica se garantiza por medio del servicio que suple la distribuidora de electricidad estatal -EDESUR- y por dos generadores eléctricos de emergencia.

La comida es muy buena, sobre todo los platos franceses y los típicos de la zona en pescados y mariscos. Alli uno encuentra tanto a los huespedes del hotel como a visitantes a la región y los propios habitantes de la ciuadad de Barahona.

La vista desde el restaurante y la piscina es espectacular.

Los precios son muy acequibles y la relación oferta de servicio-precio es inmejorable.

El hotel es administrado por socios franceses que dan servicio personalizado. Se habla español, francés e ingles.

Desde allí se pueden hacer excursiones a toda la zona ecoturística de Barahona.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Save

Cristina, I have enjoyed the full description of Playa Azul and its ammenities.

I look forward to visit the hotel pretty soon.

Amelia

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
51 reviews
55 helpful votes
7. Re: Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Save

We vad lunch at Playa Azul last year whilst on our way to Perdenales. The place is really very nice and the fried chicken was excellent. If you are in Barahona best place to stop for a bite to eat.

Barahona and the SW has a lot of potential but I hope it doesn't end up being another Punta Cana.

Santo Domingo...
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
2 helpful votes
8. Re: Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Save

Hola Karla, me alegro que tambièn te haya gustado Playa Azul. Espero que este año podamos hacer varios viajes al hotel y disfrutar de todo lo que describes tan ampliamente. Espero que tengamos pronto sorpresas de entretenimiento en Playa Azul que lo haràn màs atractivo.

Amelia B

Santo Domingo
3 posts
2 reviews
3 helpful votes
9. Re: Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Save

Thank you all for your wonderful messages. From today on you can write Playazul´s reviews for everyone to see here at TripAdvisor. You just have to look for the hotel in the search menu and add a comment.

On the other hand, we have just opened our facebook page. You can look for us with the email: hotelplayazulbarahona@hotmail.com

I will be looking forward to seeing your reviews and having you as a contact in facebook!!!. ;)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Muchas gracias por sus mensajes! Les informo que a partir de hoy podrán escribir sus comentarios del Hotel Playazul en TripAdvisor. Sólo tiene que escribir Playazul Barahona en el buscador (a la derecha superior de esta página) y escribir sus comentarios directamente.

Asímismo, tengo el placer de informarles que ya tenemos nuestra página de facebook. Búscanos a través del correo: hotelplayazulbarahona@hotmail.com

Estaré esperando sus comentarios y espero verles pronto en nuestra página de facebook! ;)

Chapel Hill, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
16 reviews
8 helpful votes
10. Re: Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Save

Playa Azul is a cozy, typical, piece of heaven, for those that like to have the freedom to enjoy nature, it's beauty, ecotourism, that do not wish to stay in an all inclusive hotel with no freedom to decide what you want to eat, to do, where you would like to visit, etc. Here you are the director of your decisions, get up early and enjoy the gorgous sun rising at the beach, have breakfast in the terrace restaurant over looking the garden, plan an adventure trip to Playa Paraiso, to Bahia las Aguilas and other natural wonders. Return to the hotel with a typical design, but all the comforts you want after a nice day full of adventures, and have a nice romantic dinner in the terrace, enjoying an international menu. I definitely enjoyed my stay there and will go back very now in 2012! Paya Azul, way to go!!!!

Reply to: Playazul: a little paradise in Barahona
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barahona
US$USD
Canada (English)
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.