We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

tryiing to plan a vacation

Donna, Texas
1 post
tryiing to plan a vacation
Save

hi

this will be my first time trying to plan a vacation to i am trying to get all the information i need

well i want to go to the Dominican Republic but not for the beaches or fun in the sun nite life

which is nice as well but me and my husband really want to go out there and go the the famous baseball camps that are there . i believe i read that there is some in Barahona please correct me if i am wrong . that is our main interest going out there and yes maybe take a tour of the beautiful sceanary so please let me know when that takes place and if your close by where this is that

what is the best time of the season to be out there . we are from texas so it will be a long travel to get there. and if you can give me any information that will be greatly appreciated

2 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
3,803 posts
51 reviews
55 helpful votes
1. Re: tryiing to plan a vacation
Save

Barahona is in the SW and one of the most beautiful parts of the country.Not sure about the baseball schools but you could post a question on the forums of DR1.com for more infomation.

Another centre for baseball is San Pedro de Macorix - east of Santo Domingo. For more information again try posting on DR1.com.

Level Contributor
151 posts
2. Re: tryiing to plan a vacation
Save

Oakland A's I believe have a baseball camp in La Victoria, just north of Santo Domingo (you can see the location on google maps). Winter baseball season is fun, in the Dominican Republic. Rivalries between different teams, Some U.S. big league players play during the winter there and some attend the games. Admission at the stadiums starts at around a few dollars.

Kansas City Royals I believe have a baseball camp in the Dominican Republic.

Reply to: tryiing to plan a vacation
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Barahona
More Barahona Topics
US$USD
Canada (English)
© 2021 TripAdvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.