We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
37 reviews
Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

My sister and I are going in March. The Sunscape Bavaro Beach and Dominican Beach and Ocean Blue are the same price. Any suggestions? Like decent drinks and a nice pool to get sun and shade and a nice beach. Thanks!

11 replies to this topic
Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
190 reviews
1. Re: Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

Been to Ocean Blue two times and we really enjoyed it . Good everything except the beach erosion. Been to Sunscape' s in Punta Cana and La Romania before new owners and name changes took place and consider Ocean Blue a step above the Sunscape chain.

Edited: 15 January 2018, 13:33
Syracuse, New York
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

Is Sunscape Bavaro directly on Bavaro Beach? Does anyone know how far of a beach walk it is to get to Playa Bibijagua? Can you walk for miles if your staying at Sunscape? Please reply asap. Thank you.

Jackson,NJ
Level Contributor
12,146 posts
190 reviews
3. Re: Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

http://www.sunscaperesorts.com/bavaro-beach

Look at the map.

Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

Thanks for the reply. I stayed at Ocean Blue 7 years ago and it was pretty good. I dont remember the beach though...

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
2,955 posts
9 reviews
5. Re: Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

Yes Sunscape is on Bavaro Beach ...approx 35 ish minute walk to Bibijagua. You can walk either direction for miles. Also good location for local restos/ bars if you wanted to go off resort

Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
37 reviews
6. Re: Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

Could you compare Sunscapes to Ocean Blue?

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
7. Re: Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

If they’re are the same price, then OB is your choice for sure...! Scale of 1-10 OB imo is 6-7 and Sunscape is a 3-4...

Ohio
Level Contributor
261 posts
37 reviews
8. Re: Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

Thank you! Thats what I needed to hear to make a decision. OB is $20 more (over 5 nights per person). So basically the same. Did you stay at both?

Edited: 16 January 2018, 07:53
Dominican Republic
Level Contributor
105 posts
9. Re: Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

Both resorts are nice, as mentioned is Ocean Blue a small step above the Sunscape Resorts.

The property of Ocean Blue is very nice, tropical and colorful, however the only downside to me is that there is hardly any shade around the pool. Other than that, both hotels have nice, big pools.

Cincinnati, Ohio
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
10. Re: Sunscape or Ocean Blue?

I have stayed at both... As well as 8 other PC resorts so I have others to base them off of...

Reply to: Sunscape or Ocean Blue?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Bavaro
Recent Conversations