We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Umm Quais Jordan

kent uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Umm Quais Jordan

Has anyone visited this area recently? Is it still safe, being so near the Syrian border?

15 replies to this topic
Amman Jordan
Level Contributor
134 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Umm Quais Jordan

The trouble is more focused near Jaber Border, Umm Qais is nearer in Rumtha Border. it should be safe on the Jordan side at this time but be vigilant with the turn of events.

Thanks

Fontainebleau
Destination Expert
for Petra - Wadi Musa
Level Contributor
2,885 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Umm Quais Jordan

I doubt very much indeed if any trouble will come near to Um Qais! Jordan is not Israel, and Syria has no interest in any trouble across this border.

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
46 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Umm Quais Jordan

Its safe as before,and is not affected with what so ever going on in the nearby countries .

Amman, Jordan
Level Contributor
131 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Umm Quais Jordan

We are fine in Jordan, all borders are quiet and have been quiet since the starte of the changes in the Region.

Um Qais is beautiful, historical and not to be missed, Plus amazing views of the Golan Heights and Syria.

Enjoy Jordan.

kent uk
Level Contributor
21 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Umm Quais Jordan

Thank you for all the posts about Umm Quais, it seems it will be ok to go there, which is great .

umm

quais, it

q

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Umm Quais Jordan

Can confirm that's safe and good atmosphere. My girlfriend and I traveled by a rented car there in February 2012 and there is a large presence of the army and a lot of checkpoints where you have to show passports (and they looked in our trunck..)

We stayed in the only hotel in the village (the bed&breakfast was closed)

Nice person who worked there, only thing was that there was only hot water for 5 minutes and it was very cold and raining outside. Room was clean and spacy (still quite cold with electric heating) and as there were no other guests we had the entire 1st floor for the 2 of us.

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,258 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Umm Quais Jordan

Jerie Do you rmember the name of the hotel where you stayed

cheers

Ghent, Belgium
Level Contributor
2 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Umm Quais Jordan

Hi, I think it's called Hotel Um Quais or something, it's the only hotel and the town has only one main street. We had to ask at a local restaurant because their sign was just broken and wasn't visible from the street.

Greetz!

Aqaba, Jordan
Level Contributor
2,696 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Umm Quais Jordan

it's the Um Qais Hotel,,,,,

http://www.umqaishotel.com/

ciao

A99

Perth, Australia
Destination Expert
for Syria, Aleppo, Jordan
Level Contributor
7,258 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Umm Quais Jordan

Thanks guys.A visitor dsnt have choice of accommodation.I guess the nearest descent hotel can be found in Irbid som 30 km away.

cheers

Reply to: Umm Quais Jordan
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Umm Qais
Recent Conversations