We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Portaferry ferry

Redondo Beach...
Level Contributor
3 posts
89 reviews
46 helpful votes
Portaferry ferry

Hello, We are planning a auto tour from Belfast to Dublin in mid April 2017, utilizing the Portoferry Ferry. I did read an article that the ferry cannot disembark autos and is need of repair. My questions are: 1. Is this ferry now in operation? 2. How much is the fair? 3. how often does the ferry make it's crossing? 4. Approximately how long is the wait. Your answers will be greatly appreciated.

6 replies to this topic
Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
2,521 posts
55 reviews
66 helpful votes
1. Re: Portaferry ferry

You will find all the details below

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/articles/strangford-ferry-timetable

Comber, United...
Level Contributor
828 posts
135 reviews
76 helpful votes
2. Re: Portaferry ferry

All fully operational. In fact; they appear to be coming down with ferries, only one in use at any one time though.

If you have time I would highly recommend taking the Shore Road from Strangford to Kilclief, Ballyhornan and on to Ardglass, Tyrella. Some lovely scenery, beaches, islands and seals! We took this route last weekend for the first time ever and had a great drive.

CP

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
9,629 posts
40 reviews
35 helpful votes
3. Re: Portaferry ferry

"I did read an article that the ferry cannot disembark autos and is need of repair"

This was a new ferry that was not specified correctly and could not be used at high tides until modified. Whilst it was embarrassing it did not interrupt services. Services are occasionally interrupted due to weather, typically fog.

Newtownards, United...
1 post
4. Re: Portaferry ferry

Times ferry leaves Portaferry and how long journey takes to reach strangford from 10pm on

Belfast, United...
Level Contributor
9,629 posts
40 reviews
35 helpful votes
5. Re: Portaferry ferry

Why are we redirecting a very old post that related to a specific set of circumstances no longer relevant?

C J
Northern Ireland...
Level Contributor
9,594 posts
32 reviews
47 helpful votes
6. Re: Portaferry ferry

ellenmcc ... a simple google search .. but i did time my last journey and it was just over 4 minutes.

Reply to: Portaferry ferry
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Portaferry
Recent Conversations
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.