We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cool restaurant maybe a view .......

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
35 reviews
Save Topic
Cool restaurant maybe a view .......

mid priced -- somewhere a person travelling solo could just hang the night before she heads down to San Fran?

5 replies to this topic
Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
23,934 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cool restaurant maybe a view .......

Around the airport? "Down" from where? Usually that means south but maybe you mean from airport area hotel???

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,406 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cool restaurant maybe a view .......

>>>solo could just hang the night before she heads down to San Fran?<<<

"down" usually means south. San Francisco (abbreviated SF) is north of the airport by 13 miles. You won't find a restaurant with a 'view' in Burlingame, as far as I know. It is a suburb, and flat, unless you go up to the foothills of the Coast Range where the rich people live. Lovely houses, no restaurants.

If you want to spend the night "hanging" out in a restaurant, I don't think that is on.

If you clear this up for us, we may be able to help you with what you want.

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
32,577 posts
6,407 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cool restaurant maybe a view .......

By airport by the bay is Kincaid's. If you like seafood and a drink, its a good place to go. (Note: There is also a location in Jack London Square area.)

tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g32124-d13…

Do clarify about heading down - as if you are in Burlingame as others would say, you would need to go north.

Pacifica, California
Destination Expert
for Pacifica
Level Contributor
11,178 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cool restaurant maybe a view .......

There's the Elephant Bar on the edge of the bay in Burlingame. I haven't been inside, so can't give you any info beyond that. There's also El Torito next door, but I don't know that El Torito is the kind of place you'd "hang out" in.

If you have a car and don't mind driving 15 minutes, there are Nick's and Moonraker in Pacifica. They're right on the beach next to the ocean.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
65 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cool restaurant maybe a view .......

Thank you all.. Guess I should have looked at the map...in Burlingame night one and then to SF after....

Reply to: Cool restaurant maybe a view .......
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Burlingame