We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best volcanic mud bath in Costa Rica?

3 posts
Best volcanic mud bath in Costa Rica?

Traveling to Costa Rica for 3 days and we're trying to fit as much as possible. We'll be flying into San Jose and driving North the next couple days towards La Fortuna Waterfalls and do some activities around there and the next day driving to the pacific coast to Guanacaste. I read that there are no mud baths by Arenal Volcano which is a stop we'd be making while in La Fortuna de San Carlos. Where can we get one that is on the way to Guanacaste? I also read Rincon de la vieja but any recommendations would be much appreciated!

4 replies to this topic
guanacaste
Level Contributor
3,115 posts
52 reviews
1. Re: Best volcanic mud bath in Costa Rica?

There are options in Rincon de la Vieja Volcano for mud baths. It's a considerable drive from Fortuna just for a day.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
3,836 posts
51 reviews
2. Re: Best volcanic mud bath in Costa Rica?

I agree that you're trying to do to much in a mere three days. If you're going to be in La Fortuna you can visit hot springs.

San Jose, Costa Rica
Level Contributor
51,615 posts
108 reviews
3. Re: Best volcanic mud bath in Costa Rica?

Rincon de la Vieja Volcano area…check Hotel Hacienda Guachipelin

roadadvisor

Costa Rica
Level Contributor
739 posts
27 reviews
4. Re: Best volcanic mud bath in Costa Rica?

While it wasn't a mud bath, many years ago we stayed at Tabacon, and I got a mud wrap at their spa. They basically covered me in mud and then wrapped me in a towel. I think I stayed that way for about an hour. Then they led me to a private spring where I washed off. It was great!

Reply to: Best volcanic mud bath in Costa Rica?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted