We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

San Diego/Carlsbad & LA Visit

Iowa
Level Contributor
25 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
San Diego/Carlsbad & LA Visit

My husband and I are hoping to spend a week in southern California in late July/early August. As two 25 year olds, we're looking for relaxation, places to explore, and wanting to check out the local sites. We'd prefer to be close to or on a beach while in the San Diego/Carlsbad area. Any recommendations?

Mentioned in this post
California
California
United States
San Diego
San Diego
California
Carlsbad
Carlsbad
California
Dana Point...
Level Contributor
107 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: San Diego/Carlsbad & LA Visit

Hi Megan, San Diego / Carlsbad covers a very big area of coastline. It might be easier for us to give recommendations if you can give us ideas of things you like to do, etc.. Being 25 I would imagine you want to be a little closer to "the action". You might want to consider staying in the La Jolla / Mission Beach area as it is easier to get to the Gaslamp area downtown or Little Italy. Carlsbad is great but North of these areas and with traffic can be a bit of a drive. That being said there is some nightlife in Carlsbad in the downtown area. There are some great hotels right across from the beach in the downtown area that are walkable to most of the bars and restaurants. I would psersonally recommend the Best Western Plus Beach view lodge. It is right across the street from the beach, walkable to all the bars and restaurants and a quality hotel.

Mentioned in this post
San Diego
San Diego
California
Carlsbad
Carlsbad
California
La Jolla
La Jolla
San Diego, CA
2. Re: San Diego/Carlsbad & LA Visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 June 2012, 02:18