We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question about Legoland

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
111 posts
6 reviews
Question about Legoland

We will be going to Disneyland and California Adventure for 2 days and then head down to San Diego. We have a 6 year old daughter and I wanted to see if it was worth going to Legoland. We have one that just opened up here in Dallas, TX but I know it's a lot smaller and we have not been to it. Is is really fun for a 6 year old girl or would she be bored after Disney? I am shocked on the ticket prices for Legoland. It is as much as Disney so I would expect something decent. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Go San Diego Card
74 Reviews
from US$94.00*
LEGOLAND® California
23 Reviews
from US$99.99*
Special Offer
Go Los Angeles Card
127 Reviews
from US$84.00*
US$89.00
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
1. Re: Question about Legoland

The LEGOLAND Resort consists of three different parks, and is nothing like you find at Dallas. The Dallas location is just a fancy store.

LEGOLAND Resort consists of a Main Theme Park (LEGOLAND), the SEALIFE Aquarium and a Water Park. The park designed for kids and pre-teens, plus LEGO fans of all ages. Rides, shows and attractions, plus lots of displays built with LEGO's. The Aquarium is nice and interactive, with some LEGO displays in the tank. The water park is nice, not that big, but a nice way to cool off.

http://california.legoland.com/

I think she would love the day at the resort.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,579 posts
94 reviews
2. Re: Question about Legoland

for discounts on legoland ticket as well as san diego zoo tickets, mousesavers is a good website that will list current attraction discounts for you to help you save some money, here is their legoland page.

www.mousesavers.com/legoland.html#admission

Alberta
Level Contributor
325 posts
32 reviews
3. Re: Question about Legoland

One thing I noticed about Legoland is that the rides are all smaller and more suitable for kids 8 and under. If your daughter is afraid of fast rides, this place will be good.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Anaheim, St. George
Level Contributor
30,579 posts
94 reviews
4. Re: Question about Legoland

just an added thought, no theme parks that i know of can compare with disneyland, they are in a class all of their own...

their cost also includes entertainment and attractions which are amazing, you certainly could not compare legoland to them, although it is expensive to go there as well.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,641 posts
149 reviews
5. Re: Question about Legoland

The question I would ask myself is -- how many days am I in So Cal. What else am I doing and what else can I do and that would help me chose legoland over the others. 2 days at disney with crowds and lines is going to get your kid very tired and even though lego has shorter wait periods and rides perfect for 6 year old -- perhaps doing sea world, the wild animal park or the zoo may be better options

There is the other option to just go to the beach (our water is colder than the beaches of Texas ) and she will have a blast building sand castles or just chasing waves ;-)

My 2 cents

Lassen National...
Level Contributor
2,631 posts
10 reviews
6. Re: Question about Legoland

If you are already doing Disneyland I'd skip Legoland. Kids can enjoy being in a place that's new and doing simple activites with their family--beach, meals out, etc..

7. Re: Question about Legoland

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 October 2012, 08:18