We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

greenwich, ct
Level Contributor
119 posts
6 reviews
HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

Hello,

My husband & I are planning a trip to Northern CA for our 10th wedding anniversary. We will be staying 3 nights in Carmel and can not make our minds up between Tickle Pink and Hyatt Highlands.

I understand they are right next to each other, but does either have better ocean views from the rooms?

Can anyone give input on which hotel is better?

Thanks so much!

10 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
39,497 posts
1,021 reviews
1. Re: HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

We have stayed at both several times. Tickle Pink is a smaller, more intimate hotel, every room has beautiful views. The HIghland's Inn is much larger and the rooms are very spacious with a fireplace, small kitchen, living room and hot tub in the room. There is an outdoor heated pool at The HIghland's if that matters to you. Tickle Pink has an outdoor hot tub only. Breakfast is included with your room at Tickle Pink and they also offer a great wine and cheese reception in the afternoon. :)

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
59,767 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

Highlands is a bit more modern. Tickle pink is a tad old world. Both have amazing views

Central Ca.
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

If you decide on the Highlands, request an ocean view on the Residence side rather than the hotel side. The rooms are larger and better situated. There are outdoor hot tubs, but the Residence units have large jetted bathtubs and separate stall showers.

I have stayed at both properties. I would choose the Highlands.

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
4. Re: HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

The Highlands Inn is a full-service hotel with all the trimmings (pool, restaurant, lounge, bar, room service, banquet/meeting spaces, etc.). Many of the rooms are more like small apartments than hotel rooms. But not all of the rooms have clear ocean views mostly because of trees. Tickle Pink has fewer amenities, but has clear views. You can stay at Tickle Pink and still take advantage of the Hyatt's restaurant and lounge with a short walk. You can't go wrong with either property, so the differences are mainly a matter of personal preference.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
33,321 posts
6,456 reviews
5. Re: HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

Both as others have said are delightful. We prefer the Highlands Inn Hyatt.

Happy Anniversary

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,972 posts
3 reviews
6. Re: HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

We've only stayed at the Hyatt Highlands Inn. As repeat visitors are always happy to return.

Avila Beach...
Level Contributor
1,306 posts
9 reviews
7. Re: HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

Only stayed at the Highlands. It was spectacular.... (yes I had a room with floor to ceiling ocean views, hot tub, fireplace, kitchen , deck)

Level Contributor
39,497 posts
1,021 reviews
8. Re: HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

Let us know where you end up! If you have any specific questions on either place, feel free to ask. :)

Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
9. Re: HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

Where did you decide? We are now making the same choice?

Central Ca.
Level Contributor
1,129 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary

Kikwb, you'll get better responses if you start a new thread. This one is over 2 mos old.

Reply to: HIghlands Inn Hyatt or Tickle Pink for 10 yr anniversary
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted