We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accommodation June 2019

London, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
36 reviews
Accommodation June 2019

Hi all,

We're going on our honeymoon to California in June 2019 and looking for somewhere to stay in Carmel from the 15th to 18th of June. Our budget is around $300 per night, could stretch a little if needed. I'm getting really stressed because I just can't find anywhere, everywhere seems to be fully booked. Maybe I'm naive but I'm shocked that everywhere I'm checking is fully booked a year in advance. Any advice??

Thanks!

16 replies to this topic
Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,399 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Accommodation June 2019

I think the problem is that you’re trying to book too far in advance. You might be able to get a reservation by calling the inn or hotel, but the online reservation systems often aren’t equipped to handle dates that far off. Don’t fret. You should have no problem finding a place.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,839 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: Accommodation June 2019

The US Open is at Pebble Beach through June 10 so there may be residue bookings for the next week but they should not cause that much of an overflow into June 18. You may be too early as suggested

Pacific Grove...
Level Contributor
445 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Accommodation June 2019

The US Open at Pebble is 10-16th of June 2019. That's the problem. .... Most places already booked for next year. You probably should adjust your plans.....

Level Contributor
39,086 posts
1,014 reviews
4. Re: Accommodation June 2019

Have you tried Colonial Terrace or Normandy Inn? 🏖

Level Contributor
3,157 posts
1 review
5. Re: Accommodation June 2019

I agree with #3. Adjust your plans to miss the Open. The Monterey Peninsula will be packed. What's your itinerary?

Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,771 posts
11 reviews
6. Re: Accommodation June 2019

US Open https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g32737…

London, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
36 reviews
7. Re: Accommodation June 2019

Thanks all, our rough itinerary is

Sat 8th june- arrive in San Fran

9th- San Fran

10th- San Fran

11th- travel to yosemite

12th, 13th,14th in yosemite

15th travel to Carmel

16th,17th,18th around the Carmel area

19th travel to San Luis Obispo

20th travel to Santa Barbara

23rd travel to Santa Monica

26th travel to San Diego

What would you suggest?

Thanks!!

London, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
36 reviews
8. Re: Accommodation June 2019

Also, with us coming for three weeks I was thinking we would want to be home before 4th July as it will get busy and expensive around Then?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
58,839 posts
149 reviews
9. Re: Accommodation June 2019

well as mentioned, you may not get many places to stay say from the 8th - 20th of June in that area. Are your tickets booked? This forum is just for Carmel but perhaps you can do the reverse -- start in SoCal and end up here in SF (abbreviation for San Francisco)

Edited: 02 July 2018, 11:24
London, United...
Level Contributor
266 posts
36 reviews
10. Re: Accommodation June 2019

Will it be unpleasantly busy? I'm sort of managing to find accommodation and we can probably make do with what we can get but if it will be horribly busy the whole time then are we better off not going Then? I suppose we could go south to north instead, I've booked a few hotels but all cancellable and we haven't booked our flights yet.

Reply to: Accommodation June 2019
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted