We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overnight in carmel as we travel down the Pacific Coast High

Blythewood, SC
Level Contributor
17 posts
46 reviews
Overnight in carmel as we travel down the Pacific Coast High

My husband and I are overnighting at Mission Ranch and will eat dinner there, but where should we eat breakfast in the morning before we continue our trip? I know breakfast is served there, too, but we would prefer somewhere else. Good coffee is critical, and we would like a hearty breakfast.

3 replies to this topic
Carmel, California
Level Contributor
4,767 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: Overnight in carmel as we travel down the Pacific Coast High

I like Carmel Belle for breakfast in town. If you're driving south on Hwy 1 that day, I'd consider stopping at Hyatt Carmel Highlands for breakfast. It's perched high on the east side of Hwy 1 a few miles south of Carmel.

Level Contributor
39,018 posts
1,014 reviews
2. Re: Overnight in carmel as we travel down the Pacific Coast High

We love Katy's Place for breakfast in Carmel. :)

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
17,986 posts
120 reviews
3. Re: Overnight in carmel as we travel down the Pacific Coast High

Carmel Belle and Katys Place are both great.

Carmel Belle has better coffee and you can get espresso drinks. The food is great and the choices are more interesting than your normal breakfast fare.

Katys Place is an old-school breakfast restaurant. It's small and gets crowded. The food is really good, menu is straightforward. Coffee is good - it's your standard drip coffee made with good beans.

Reply to: Overnight in carmel as we travel down the Pacific Coast High
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted