We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel lodging

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
Carmel lodging

We are staying a few nights in Carmel in November and we are trying to decide between Cypress inn and the Lauberge. This is my husband and my first trip to Carmel. Any suggestions?

6 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
39,549 posts
1,021 reviews
1. Re: Carmel lodging

Both are very nice, if it is in your budget go with L’ Auberge. 🏖

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
59,774 posts
149 reviews
2. Re: Carmel lodging

Have not stayed at cypress but do read reviews. The auberge is nice

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,505 posts
3. Re: Carmel lodging

Cypress Inn is on my short list of places I'd stay if I didn't live here. It's pet friendly which you may factor into your decision. But they're both beautiful hotels. I don't think you can go wrong either way. If you're still on the fence, flip a coin.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Level Contributor
39,549 posts
1,021 reviews
4. Re: Carmel lodging

You also might want to check out La Playa. It is also in Carmel proper where it sounds like you want to stay. If you want lodging with gorgeous oceanviews and don't mind being a bit out of town, The Tickle Pink Inn and Highland's Inn are both very special places. La Playa and Highland's Inn both have heated pools, Tickle Pink Inn has a terraced hot tub. :)

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
15 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Carmel lodging

Thanks so much for your suggestions!

Level Contributor
39,549 posts
1,021 reviews
6. Re: Carmel lodging

www.carmelcalifornia.com is a website that has coupons and discounts on hotels, restaurants and activities in the area. ;)

Reply to: Carmel lodging
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted