We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

looking for great for my 30th anniversary in Monterey/Carmel

Boston
1 post
Save Topic
looking for great for my 30th anniversary in Monterey/Carmel

Hoping someone can advise me of a great spot to spend my anniversary with a group of 6-8 people in Monterey or Carmel on Sept 9th, 2008

Also can anyone have a bonfire on the beach ?? Must be a permit required with a fee etc. anyone have info on the topic

Thanks

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,395 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: looking for great for my 30th anniversary in Monterey/Carmel

Here are three links re: bonfires. You'll see that one of them is a company that sets up romantic bonfires. The others just give general info about the rules and fees, if any.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g32737-c15062/Montere…

http://www.carmelbeachbonfires.com/

beachcalifornia.com/beach-bonfires-californi…

If you want a very special dinner, consider Pacific's Edge at Highlands Inn. If you want something slightly less fancy and less romantic, Tarpy's Roadhouse in Monterey is excellent and is a wonderful place for a group. Ask them for table in a quiet corner. Happy anniversary!

Level Contributor
38,808 posts
1,013 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: looking for great for my 30th anniversary in Monterey/Carmel

We have had several great meals at Pacific's Edge, our last meal this past May was fantastic! Try to go and watch the sunset, the food, ambiance and service are first-class. Another consideration for a bit more casual place would be Roy's in Pebble Beach, they have a bagpiper that plays there that is nice, pretty oceanviews here also and great food in a nice setting. Have fun and welcome! :)

Central Ca.
Level Contributor
1,127 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: looking for great for my 30th anniversary in Monterey/Carmel

VinnyFrat, since you are a group, are you looking for more of a party astmosphere rather than quiet and romantic?

4. Re: looking for great for my 30th anniversary in Monterey/Carmel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 08:19