We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Place to Spend Time

Pittsburgh, PA
1 post
Save Topic
Best Place to Spend Time

I am traveling from San Francisco to Los Angelos. I only have time for one overnight stay. Which place is the nicest - Monterey or Santa Barbara

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,384 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Place to Spend Time

That's a bit like asking, "Which is better--filet mignon or filet mignon?" Both are magnificent. But neither really is the ideal spot for an overnight between SF and LA. Monterey is quite close to SF, and Santa Barbara is pretty close to LA. Another beautiful place to stop is Cambria, which is closer to halfway.

Level Contributor
36,954 posts
946 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Place to Spend Time

Hello and welcome! Both places are gorgeous and have so much to offer. In Monterey, consider the Monterey Plaza Hotel & Spa or for somehthing a bit more quaint, the Spindrift Inn in Cannery Row.

This past May we had a nice stay at the Tickle Pink Inn in the Carmel Highland's area of the coast, this is another place to consider.

Santa Barbara has the Harbor View Inn, a gorgeous property right across the street from Stearn's Wharf. I hope enjoy your time on the coast. :)

3. Re: Best Place to Spend Time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2009, 05:22