We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

CT
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

Hi: I understand Carmel By the Sea is filled with many "pet friendly" hotels. Can you please direct me to a higher end hotel that does NOT allow pets. Thanks!

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,395 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

Check out L'Auberge Carmel: http://www.laubergecarmel.com/index.php

High-end, adult-only, very nice.

Level Contributor
38,788 posts
1,013 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

Hi, the Tickle Pink Inn in the Carmel Highland's area is very nice, they offer many fine amenities such as a wine and cheese reception, champagne and truffles upon arrival, a very good buffet breakfast in the morning and a terraced outdoor hot tub. The views from the rooms are stunning of the rocky coastline and Yankee Point, there are robes and several of the rooms have jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces. We stayed here this past May for my birthday for the second time. You can walk next door to the Pacific's Edge, one of Carmel's finest restaurants. Have fun! :)

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,394 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

Kim.

Very nice description, but the question was....do they allow pets?

CT
Level Contributor
275 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

Thanks for trying to help Puter but we're not interested in Tickled Pink anyway...it's located in the highlands, which is inland ...we're looking to stay on the water. I probably should have been more specific in my original post.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,395 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

If you really want to stay "on" the water, then there's no lodging in Carmel that will suit you. Take a look at Monterey Plaza Hotel. It's a beautiful full-service hotel that is on the water. It has two good restaurants and a beautiful patio on the water. All the towns are so close together that you can stay in Monterey and be in Carmel in ten minutes.

Level Contributor
38,788 posts
1,013 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

We have stayed at The Plaza and it is very nice, they also offer a very nice rooftop spa in the Penthouse section of the hotel. The Duck Club and Schooner's Bistro are the restaurants there where have enjoyed nice meals several times there. This past May we had my birthday lunch at Schooner's, there is an outdoor patio here that is right over the water. :)

Colorado
Level Contributor
12,845 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

How about LaPlaya? It may not be "on" the water but there are ocean view rooms and it is close to the beach. I don't think they allow pets. You could call and ask 800-582-8900. http://www.laplayahotel.com/

sacramento ca
Level Contributor
686 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

i aqree with la playa- beutiful place and they defintely don't allow pets!!

Level Contributor
38,788 posts
1,013 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

La Playa is very nice, there is an outdoor swimming pool there, nice restaurant and it is in a good location, walking distance to the shops and ocean. Our room was on the small side but nice, it is a historic hotel. :)

10. Re: No Pets Hotel in Carmel by the Sea

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 October 2009, 01:24