We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Auberge vs. La Playa

San Jose
Level Contributor
85 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
La Auberge vs. La Playa

I will be coming down for my 20th wedding anniversary. I am thinking of staying either in the penthouse suite at La Playa, or in one of the nicer rooms at La Auberge. Any recommendations? Thanks much.

Mentioned in this post
La Playa Carmel
La Playa Carmel
974 Reviews
Carmel, CA
Level Contributor
38,493 posts
1,008 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Auberge vs. La Playa

We have stayed at La Playa, it is a very nice property with gorgeous grounds and gardens and has an outdoor swimming pool and restaurant on-site. L' Auberge looked very nice when we took a tour of the property last May, we have not yet dined at the restaurant here but may try it when we're in the area next month. L'Auberge is more pricey than La Playa and would be very nice for a special occasion. Both properties are walking distance to shops, restaurants and the ocean.

Hope this helps, you will love Carmel! :)

Mentioned in this post
La Playa Carmel
La Playa Carmel
974 Reviews
Carmel, CA
L'Auberge Carmel
L'Auberge Carmel
391 Reviews
Carmel, CA
Carmel
Carmel
Monterey County, CA
2. Re: La Auberge vs. La Playa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 11:18