We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carmel to Red Woods Natinal park

Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Carmel to Red Woods Natinal park

My husband and I will be in Carmel for 1 night then head down PCH around "crack of dawn" to Cambria and then our final destination red woods NF. Is this doable in one day? Since we have reservations at a B&B in red woods.

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,383 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carmel to Red Woods Natinal park

Unless I misunderstand your question, Cambria and Redwoods National Park are in opposite directions from Carmel. It's about a 3 to 4-hour drive to the south from Cambria to Carmel. I'm not sure how long it will take from Carmel to Redwoods, but it's quite a distance north of Carmel. Where are you starting out from to begin with --north or south of Carmel?

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,383 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Carmel to Red Woods Natinal park

Sorry--3 to 4 hours south from CARMEL to Cambria.

Sunnyvale...
Destination Expert
for San Jose
Level Contributor
5,998 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Carmel to Red Woods Natinal park

Google says it takes about 10 hrs to drive from Cambria to Redwood National Park.

Level Contributor
44 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Carmel to Red Woods Natinal park

My appologies our final destination is Sequoia NP. thanks for the reply we're staying at the Briarwood inn in Carmel. I'm not quite sure where that is in relevance to Carmel. Then we're heading down to Cambria and from there to Three Rivers, Sequoia National Park. We would like to do minor stops along PCH and a stop at Hearst Castle. Is this doable?? Any input is greatly apprecited. Specially if you can tell us what stops are worth and which we can skip so we can meet our final destination before 11:00 pm.

5. Re: Carmel to Red Woods Natinal park

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2009, 06:33