We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Demetra Cafe

Level Contributor
36,378 posts
907 reviews
Save Topic
Demetra Cafe

We had a wonderful lunch today at Demetra, the ambiance is very colorful and fun. The food was excellent, I had the Lamb Wrap that was perfectly prepared and served with a dill yogurt dipping sauce. The sandwich was served with a small Greek salad which had a great Pesto dressing. Our service was a bit sluggish but other than it was a lovely place which is convenient when shopping in downtown Carmel. :)

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,382 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Demetra Cafe

Thanks! I'm looking forward to trying it. The owners also own International Cuisine in PG, a restaurant that used to be called Chili Great Chili. (I've heard that the food at Dametra is better.) They are such a hard-working family--I'm glad that Dametra is doing well.

Level Contributor
36,378 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Demetra Cafe

I hope we are able to return again, I want to order some of their pasta, everyone in the restaurant seemed to love what they ordered, I heard one of the servers giving out a recipe to someone. :)

carmel
Level Contributor
128 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Demetra Cafe

Syrahgirl, I am one of the new owners of the Lamp Lighter Inn / Sunset suites. If you are out and about today it would be a pleasure to show you some of the changes we have made around here. I will be at the front desk until about 2:00 pm. Welcome back.

Level Contributor
36,378 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Demetra Cafe

Thank you, Iam enjoying the beautiful coastal weather this morning, I can hear the ocean waves from our patio, looking forward to a beautiful day in Carmel, a little slice of heaven here! :)

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
264 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Demetra Cafe

We stumbled upon demetra on our last trip to Carmel. It was very good and reasonably priced. We had a chicken garlic wrap and falafel. Borh were good, but the best part was the greek salad served on the side of the sandwich. The dressing is incredible. Tons of flavor. Even my 1 yo ate the salad. We are going to go back, but I would probably get an entree salad w/ that dressing. YUM!

The staff is also really nice and accomodating.

Nederland, Colorado
Level Contributor
11,309 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Demetra Cafe

I am glad I saw this post! We'll be there in a few weeks and we LOVE Greek food. I'll put it on our list of places to dine. Thanks for the info.

Level Contributor
36,378 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Demetra Cafe

You're welcome, I have a review of our time there also. Let us know what you think! :)

carmel
Level Contributor
128 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Demetra Cafe

Hi Syrahgirl,

Just a note about Demetra. The other night (late) one of the local Inns had a small fire in one of their rooms. A fairly large group of guests had to be evacuated. One of the owners from Demetra's came by, saw what was happening and invited everyone over to his place. He gave them snacks and hospitality at no charge to anybody. Wow, what a great asset to our little Village they have become. Just thought you would be interested in that bit of info.

Happy travels.

Level Contributor
36,378 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Demetra Cafe

How wonderful of them, thanks for sharing that. I'll be Carmel is beautiful today! :)

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,387 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Demetra Cafe

While walking around Carmel today I finally figured out were Demetra cafe is. I noticed it was the only restaurant in town with a line of people outside the door. A lot of people read these forums. Could syragirl's recommendations have had that much influence? Maybe she should get a cut of the profits. ;-)