We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon suite

San Francisco...
2 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon suite

I am getting married in Carmel and looking for a honeymoon suite for my wedding night. I know about the Pebble Beach Resorts, but wondering if there is something really nice without paying $1,000 / night. Suggestions?

Any informaiton would be helpful and appreciated.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
52,451 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon suite

Please have a look at the Highlands Inn or the Tickle Pink Inn. They are about a 5 mins drive South of Ocean Avenue and have a gorgeous view and great rooms. Congrats in Advance !!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
20,683 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon suite

The Seven Gables Inn in neighboring Pacific Grove has cottages that might work for you.

www.pginns.com

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
27,944 posts
5,908 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon suite

In Monterey we like is Hotel Pacific

http://www.hotelpacific.com/

Yes its in Monterey - but the rooms are very nice.

Comfortable seating areas by an in room fireplace;

a small outside area to sit as well.

Afternoon reception and breakfast included.

Just wanted to mention it as an affordable way to enjoy a nice room.

ww.hotelpacific.com

Edited: 19 March 2012, 23:34
Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
27,944 posts
5,908 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon suite

additional note: Hotel Pacific also has a romance package

hotelpacific.com/html/monterey-carmel-romanc…

Pacific Grove...
Destination Expert
for Monterey, Carmel, Pacific Grove, Monterey County
Level Contributor
5,378 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon suite

Also take a look at Old Monterey Inn, a lovely B&B with a pretty garden and excellent service. It's a romantic place. http://www.oldmontereyinn.com/

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon suite

Try Mission Ranch at the south end of Carmel. They have a honeymoon cottage. Or perhaps the upstairs rooms one of the three Meadowview Triplexes might work for you. www.missionranchcarmel.com/accomodations.html

The Cypress Inn in downtown Carmel also has a few beautiful suites that might be suitable. www.cypress-inn.com/carmel-hotel-rooms.html

Both of these properties are on my short list of places I'd stay if I didn't live here.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Level Contributor
36,182 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon suite

I would go with a property with an oceanview for your honeymoon. The HIghland's Inn and The Tickle Pink Inn are both gorgeous properties with awesome oceanviews. Tickle Pink Inn is a smaller venue with very personable service. Champagne and truffles upon arrival, wine and cheese reception in the afternoon, comfy beds, robes, terraced hot tub and awesome breakfast buffet with fresh pasteries are some of the amenities we loved at TPI,

Next door is The HIghland's Inn which is a larger property. They have a fantastic restaurant there called Pacific's Edge. The rooms are very spacious at The Highland's Inn and have jacuzzi tubs and fireplaces. We are staying there again in May and have enjoyed several stays here over the years.

www.carmelcalifornia.com is a nice website for the area. Have fun! :)

Monterey, California
Level Contributor
99 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon suite

Check out the Spindrift Inn on Cannery Row in Monterey. It consistently ranks of TripAdvisor's Top Hotels for Romance.

www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Romance

Monterey Peninsula...
Level Contributor
2,386 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon suite

Spindrift is a wonderful small hotel, but the neighborhood is very touristy. I'm not sure it is the best spot for a honeymoon. Since the OP was looking for something in Carmel, so I'm assuming they'd prefer a quieter area than the heart of Cannery Row.

Just curious, Chris, where will the wedding ceremony be? Knowing that may help us find you a spot close by.

-Mr. Toy

www.montereypeninsula.info

Level Contributor
36,182 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon suite

We have stayed at The Spindrift! This is a very nice property if you want to stay in Monterey. Our room had a fireplace, hardwood floors, canopied feather bed and gorgeous views of the ocean from the window seat. We had a King Corner room. Breakfast is delivered to your room also and in the evening there is sherry and homemade cookies you can enjoy by the fireplace. :)

Get answers to your questions about Carmel
Recent Conversations