We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Crime Rate

Level Contributor
11 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
Crime Rate

I will be traveling to Hemet in a couple months and was wondering what the crime rate was. Are there any colors I should avoid wearing. Just a nervous nelly here.

2 replies to this topic
San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
24,638 posts
140 reviews
73 helpful votes
1. Re: Crime Rate

Check http://www.city-data.com

I don't know anything about Hemet personally, but apparently the crime rate is above that national average.

San Diego
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
74,513 posts
65 reviews
127 helpful votes
2. Re: Crime Rate

It is a small city with lots of retired folks and generally folks who don't earn a lot of money.

It doesn't have a giant police force either. I don't know about gang activity but there's a lot of all sorts of crime going on. There was a big gang raid in June of 2017 which captured lots of weapons and arrested many gang members. I have no further info on what is now happening locally or which gangs were involved so don't know "colors".

Reply to: Crime Rate
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Hemet
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.