We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The Tripadvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HB hotels that provide airport shuttle...?

Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
HB hotels that provide airport shuttle...?

Do any of them? We are flying into LAX in August for a 3-night stay at the Hyatt Regency HB. I hate to spend over $100 on a taxi, but also hate to spend 2 hours in a shuttle dropping off every Tom, Dick & Harry before getting to our hotel. My husband asked me if the Hyatt provides a complimentary shuttle from the airport, but I'm thinking nobody does that anymore...right?

Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
7,053 posts
161 reviews
66 helpful votes
1. Re: HB hotels that provide airport shuttle...?

The Hyatt and Hilton don't provide a complimentary shuttle. However, they have cut a deal with Super Shuttle for a flat rate of $36 for the first passenger and $9 for each additional passenger. That's one way. I think they take a few dollars off for round trip. I'm sure Prime Time would give you the same rate. It's $109 for an exclusive van (with no other passengers). My experience with the shuttle services is that Huntington Beach passengers get dropped off FIRST in the vans marked ORANGE COUNTY BEACH CITIES. You might drop off one or two people in residential areas on the way to the hotel but it won't slow you down much as you will be headed in the direction of the hotel.

You can also reserve town cars from the shuttle services or you can call the hotel concierge desk and they will book a town car for you.

Edited: 13 years ago
Great Falls, Montana
Level Contributor
229 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: HB hotels that provide airport shuttle...?

Thank you so much for your reply. Would I need to call the hotel to ask for this Super SHuttle special? Or would I find it on their website? (I did look for transportation options there, but didn't find anything). I suppose the town cars are just as expensive--if not more--than the taxi option.

Again, thanks for responding...I so appreciate the help. :)

Midwest
Level Contributor
2,818 posts
89 reviews
153 helpful votes
3. Re: HB hotels that provide airport shuttle...?

There is a billboard on the 405 freeway that advertisies a $20 shuttle to LAX by Shuttle2LAX.com

SoCal
Level Contributor
5,660 posts
16 reviews
8 helpful votes
4. Re: HB hotels that provide airport shuttle...?

Generally, only the hotels around LAX provide free airport shuttles. Huntington Beach is quite far from LAX, more than 30 miles and could take 45 minutes or more depending on the traffic.

Another shuttle company a friend recently used is http://www.shuttle2lax.com

It is $20 for the first person and $11 for each additional person.

Unless you are arriving at a time where traffic is going to be very light, I would not consider a cab. Traffic can be bad and as I mentioned, the distance is quite far and if there is heavy traffic or an accident, the price will sky rocket. If you don't want a shared shuttle, book transportation with a pre-set price.

Edited: 13 years ago
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
7,053 posts
161 reviews
66 helpful votes
5. Re: HB hotels that provide airport shuttle...?

You can book the flat price at http://www.supershuttle.com/ or http://www.primetimeshuttle.com

6. Re: HB hotels that provide airport shuttle...?

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity.

What are forum guidelines?
Get answers to your questions about Huntington Beach
© 2024 Tripadvisor LLC All rights reserved.

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.