We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ellen DeGeneres Show taping

msp
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Ellen DeGeneres Show taping

Happy Holidays! I am going to be in Los Angeles this upcoming Jan 3-8th. A friend of mine won tickets to the Ellen Show but can no longer go. My husband and I are still planning on going to LA anyways and would still like to try to see her show. It's my understanding the tickets are non-transferable and ID is required. I certainly understand why these restrictions are in place to avoid any tickets being sold. I realize this question been asked in earlier forums but wanted to see if anyone had any updated suggestions or advice for standing by for tickets? What time do we need to get in line and how long is the wait? We are pretty flexible as to what day we can go so is one day during the week any better then another for availability? Lastly, my friend is going to provide us with her ticket letter in the event we might be able to use it as leverage to attempt to gain admittance since we are traveling all the way from MN. Anyones help with these questions are greatly appreciated.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,889 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ellen DeGeneres Show taping

I doubt they would allow you to use your friend's tickets. At the worst, you could have stolen her tickets from her mailbox (I'm not saying that you did. I'm saying how it would look). At best, you didn't care enough about seeing the show by ordering your own tickets in the first place. (Okay, I AM saying that one). So, given that there are scores of other people who did take the time to send away for tickets who are there in the "waiting list" line, these people would be ''first in line' to take the seats of people like your friends that weren't able to make it). Seems only fair.

msp
Level Contributor
17 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Ellen DeGeneres Show taping

I appreciate your quick response, especially on Christmas, but did you get a lump of coal in your stocking this year. I'm a little taken back by your reply. I would never steal anyones mail and I'm shocked that this comment came from you since you've been so helpful to me in the past with hotel suggestion, which I appreciated and took your advise. I negelected to tell you that both my husband and I have been requesting tickets every month for the past year and half , but unfortunately we were not lucky enough to be selected. The only reason I brought up my friends tickets is because she got them for me but not she can't go. Because of what it may look like to you or anyone else, I will not even bring the silly letter. My question which was never answered was what are your standby suggestions? I've seen earlier post but they seemed a little outdated and wanted to see if anyone had any updated suggestions or procedures.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
10,976 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ellen DeGeneres Show taping

You might want to read HopSkip's post more carefully - she very carefully stated she didn't expect you of stealing anything, but that Ellen's security might.

These instructions:

…about.com/od/ellendegeneres/ht/EllenTix.htm

are still good. When you select tickets, it's important to select a date that won't be too popular. Traditionally Mondays are a lighter day at most television show tapings.

If you select an available date and you are quick about your ordering, you should at least get a call from an Ellen representative. No one gets into the Ellen show without talking to one of the staff. I have no idea why your friend would try and "get them for you" as that is not only expressly forbidden by the rules of the show, but I'd think that she would have been told that during her own interview with the show's staff. You also make it sound in your original post that your friend got the tickets for herself (went through the screening, etc.) and then was no longer able to go - not that she got them for you.

When you are in L.A., you can try for standby tickets. You must have a local number to call, and you must call this number before noon (they open at 8 a.m. I believe):

They will call you back if they think there are going to be seats that day. More details here:

http://ellen.warnerbros.com/tickets/

You will still need ID to get in, but if the guests are not big names and you call early enough, you might be able to get tickets.

4. Re: Ellen DeGeneres Show taping

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2010, 00:18