We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Traffic on Christmas Day?

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
Traffic on Christmas Day?

We are arriving in LA on Christmas day from Sydney (Australia) and want to get to our Hollywood hotel as quickly as possible.

I understand that the cab fare can be quite expensive however are we likely to encounter much traffic on that day? We land at 8am so figure we should be on the road by 10am.

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
33,416 posts
64 reviews
1. Re: Traffic on Christmas Day?

Traffic should be light. People are at home opening presents. For those that are heading to 'holiday parties', they are most likely to be on the road later than 10 a.m.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
2. Re: Traffic on Christmas Day?

thanks so much! I was hoping as much :) can you give me some idea as to what it should cost us then?

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,025 posts
26 reviews
3. Re: Traffic on Christmas Day?

Saturday mornings in general are fairly light, even more so that early. Add X-Mas and you have no traffic at all.

Thousand Oaks...
Destination Expert
for Israel
Level Contributor
14,025 posts
26 reviews
4. Re: Traffic on Christmas Day?

You're looking at approximately $50 and a 20-30 minute drive

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
23 posts
23 reviews
5. Re: Traffic on Christmas Day?

Perfect!! thanks so much for the replies :)

6. Re: Traffic on Christmas Day?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2011, 00:20