We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to buy winter boots in LA

Townsville...
Level Contributor
586 posts
90 reviews
Save Topic
where to buy winter boots in LA

We're coming over in 2 wks & as it's our summer, can't find any winter boots. We are flying over to NYC after our LA visit & were hoping to find somewhere in LA we can get women's non slippy boots to keep us warm for our 6 days in NYC (not use to snow or ice, hence the non slip). As we don't really get a winter in our part of Australia, won't wear them again so don't want to pay a fortune. Would there be places with reasonably priced in LA? Thanks

6-Hour Los Angeles City Tour
200 reviews
from US$79.00*
Special Offer
Best of Los Angeles Tour from Anaheim
180 reviews
from US$57.99*
US$67.99
Los Angeles Hop-on Hop-off Double...
581 reviews
from US$49.00*
Go Los Angeles Card
129 reviews
from US$85.00*
Huntington Beach...
Destination Expert
for Huntington Beach, Newport Beach, Laguna Beach
Level Contributor
6,344 posts
180 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: where to buy winter boots in LA

You won't find many "winter" boots in LA as it does not snow here. Most of the department stores and shoe stores had some cold weather boots (for use in other locations or in our mountains) before the first of the year but now they are all being sold at sale prices. By the time you get here, the pickings will be slim.

However, you can still get them on zappos.com. They can be delivered to your hotel overnight.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
28,104 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: where to buy winter boots in LA

You'll find plenty of rubber soled boots. Go to Macy's, show your passport, and you'll get 12% off the sale price. There are many stores selling winter boots now.

Yucaipa, California
Destination Expert
for Anaheim
Level Contributor
18,992 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: where to buy winter boots in LA

Go to a Sports Chalet store. Even if you find what you want elsewhere, this is a good place to find thermal socks or underwear.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
20,352 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: where to buy winter boots in LA

Check out the REI stores. I was in our local one over the weekend. Here is an example of what they have:

http://www.rei.com/category/4500232

Store locations:

http://www.rei.com/map/store#CA

Townsville...
Level Contributor
586 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: where to buy winter boots in LA

Thanks everyone - I'll bring a note of those places and see how I go, worse case I'm sure I can pick up a pr when we get to NY, just was hoping to get a pr before just to make sure. I'd rather buy them by sight instead of ordering off the net, just to ensure the soles will be a bit slip resistant (plus then I can try to make sure they fit) so I think I'll check out those shops.

Thanks again!

california
Level Contributor
11,773 posts
169 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: where to buy winter boots in LA

DSW (Designer Shoe Warehouse)

Search for store locations on their website using the zipcode function (90028 is Hollywood store)

www.dsw.com

They have real winter boots as well as "fashion shoes".

Edited: 19 January 2011, 12:28
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
584 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: where to buy winter boots in LA

Sports Authority, Big 5 Sporting Goods and Dick's Sporting Goods, as well as Sports Chalet and REI mentioned earlier, are all chain stores which will have good prices on winter boots. However, REI will probably have the highest prices because their goods tend to be higher end.

Portland, Oregon
Destination Expert
for Portland
Level Contributor
5,597 posts
145 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: where to buy winter boots in LA

La Canadienne has the best and most sylish snow boots for women. I'd check them out on line and belly up for 2 day shipping costs.

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
95 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: where to buy winter boots in LA

I bought mine from Macy's and kids picked up there's from Foot Locker but as someone else mentioned there are lots of next season fashions in stock and so you may only find slim-pickings. Don't arrive in NYC without a warm-enough coat, gloves and scarf. I also bought these from Macys and you are right, you can't get them here in Australia (especially north QLD!!!!!). In the US you can buy great Uggs that are designed for outdoors ... they are the best, I think! Thermals are great! Buy them there, too.

Townsville...
Level Contributor
586 posts
90 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: where to buy winter boots in LA

LMAO MelbourneMum - you obviously know where I'm coming from (living in Nth Qld). We think Melbourne is freezing, so feel free to have a laugh at the mental picture of 6 of us in NYC :). Thanks