We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Comments on One day Trip list posted on TA?

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Comments on One day Trip list posted on TA?

Hello my TA friends. My husband, 2 boys (age 9 & 7) and I have a full day to explore Los Angeles and want to check out the must see landmarks and scenery. The rest of our vacation will be Legoland, San Diego Zoo and Disney. I like the looks of the Trip list posted on TA tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i18257-DIY_Los_… but it was posted in 2008 and I am curious if it still makes sense. We will have a rental car and it will be a Sunday. My main must do's are to say I've seen Grauman's Theater, see a fair number of sidewalk "Stars" and get a good look at the sign. Does the trip outlined in the link sound like a solid day? Thank you!

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,285 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Comments on One day Trip list posted on TA?

We didn't care much for The Grove and Farmer's Market, spend maybe an hour there. You may want to skip the shopping with younger boys. I would add La Brea Tarpits/Geo Page Museum and maybe Petersen Automotive Museum. Also maybe have ice cream or lunch at Disney's Soda Fountain or even see a movie at Disney's El Capitan Movie theater

Norwood...
Level Contributor
1,270 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Comments on One day Trip list posted on TA?

THANK YOU! I forgot about the Tar Pits. That is a Great idea! And the Soda Fountain would be a great hit as well. I think we could easily breaze through or cross out the Farmers Market/Grove. I love flowers and fruit, not so much flea market stuff and we don't need to buy extra stuff on the first day. There will be plenty of shopping at legoland I'm sure.

Santa Fe, New Mexico
Destination Expert
for Santa Fe, Mesa Verde National Park, Boulder, New Mexico
Level Contributor
21,285 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Comments on One day Trip list posted on TA?

Oh yes, plenty of shopping at Disney and Legoland!!!! Breeze through the Farmer's Market if you have time, but mostly cooked food stands and souvenirs which really disappointed me as I was looking for some local produce!

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
328 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Comments on One day Trip list posted on TA?

The tar pits were a bit disappointing for us,but the museum there is well worth a look. What about a trip to Santa Monica pier?

5. Re: Comments on One day Trip list posted on TA?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 February 2013, 05:19