We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets on local Airlines

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
Tickets on local Airlines

Hi Everyone

I have taken your suggestions and booked flights to Las Vegas from Anaheim on Jet Blue and also the return on South West as I need to return to LAX rather than Burbank.

Iam a bit concerned because of the cheap rates are these seats confirmed on payment Will we get off loaded ??? I need some assurance as I really do not to be left stranded when we have International flights to catch to go back home.

I have saved heaps on time and money thanks to all your suggestions and Iam really very grateful. Something is worring me as I feel I may not have read the finer print kinda and missed a line somewhere

Thanks

London, United...
Level Contributor
16,838 posts
255 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets on local Airlines

You seat is confirmed on payment. But there is still the usual possibility you might get bumped. It probably won't happen. It almost certainly won't happen. But it could happen.

You should call the airlines. They will be able to answer your questions and offer you the sort of reassurances that no-one here can do.

Perth, Australia
Level Contributor
4,965 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets on local Airlines

We flew Southwest a couple of times in he US and they were fine.

Just need the printed confirmation paper to take with you for check-in.

We didn't get any seat allocations, and were last on the plane, so we were spread out .. but it didn't matter for such short flights.

Check in early if you're worried.

We were on a flight once a couple of years ago and once we were seated on the aircraft, they asked if anyone wanted to give up their seat for someone else ... they offered a free flight for anyone willing to do so, so there were a few offers. You don't have to do that.

Los Angeles
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
15,783 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets on local Airlines

Unless you've specifically booked a "stand by" ticket, these seats are in effect guaranteed. However, I flew Southwest just a week ago and the flight home was apparently oversold - they asked for a couple of volunteers to take a later flight in exchange for some ticket vouchers / airline credits etc. I think a few people volunteered - not sure what they would have done if no one did.

But normally you'd have nothing to worry about.

San Francisco
Level Contributor
36,629 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets on local Airlines

If the flight is oversold they will ask for volunteers, as MachThree points out. If they don't get any/enough they keep upping the ante (more credts, etc) until they do. I've never had them not get enough people. Some people purposely book flights they think will be oversold so they can cash in.

The flights are confirmed. Seats on Southwest are not pre-assigned but rather you are given a group code when you check in. The earlier you check in the better your group code. Try to check in online 24 hours before your flight. However, it's a very short flight.

Dunedin, New Zealand
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets on local Airlines

Thanks to all of you. Your reassurance is very comforting.

Yes Iam flying into LA on the day prior to departure as I always leave room for "what if" situations.

Thanks once again

6. Re: Tickets on local Airlines

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 March 2013, 05:37