We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Terminal B

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Cork,
Level Contributor
1 post
130 reviews
Save Topic
Terminal B

Where is entrance to terminal b?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Terminal B

www.airport-la.com/info/terminal_map.html The entrance to the TBIT or Terminal B or as I understand it has a been given a pet name known only to one person in this forum -- 3.x is -- and always has been in front of the said terminal.

If you have a specific or detailed question, please post it or perhaps the map can guide you from your arriving terminal to your departing terminal -- one can walk or take the Airport shuttle between terminals

West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
30,249 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Terminal B

Terminal B is the Tom Bradley International terminal and it is located between terminal 3 and terminal 4. The terminals are arranged in the shape of a horseshoe with Tom Bradley at the top of the horseshoe. All terminals have entrance doors that open onto the continuous sidewalk and adjacent roadway that connects the terminals together.

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Terminal B

In fact, all terminal has at least two major set of doors, as there are teo levels, the upper level is known as the "Arrival" level, and where you will find the Airline check-in desks, luggage check-in, then the security checks, etc.

The lower level is the "departure" level, which is were folks exit and bagge claim is located. This is also the main transporation area, including the free shuttles that go between terminals. SO lets say you exit Terminal 7 and need to go to the Tom Bradley International Terminal (aka "B", "TBIT" or Terminal 3.5 (due to where it is located). You would exit the lower level after your flight, then take the free shuttle to TBIT (or you could walk, but with luggage, most folks opt for the shuttle). When you get to TBIT, you enter (and there are two main entrances to TBIT on each level, one on the left side, one on the right) the terminal and take the stairs/elevator to the upper level to check-in.

Now if you are being dropped off, the vehicle will take the Upper level roadway and drop you off in front of the terminal.

I think the Rental Car company shuttle drop you offer at the lower level, so enter the building and then head upstairs.

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
48,164 posts
149 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Terminal B

>>>>I think the Rental Car company shuttle drop you offer at the lower level, so enter the building and then head upstairs.

Nope -- unless this has changed in the past 6 months, the shuttles drop you on the departure level and you can just walk to your check in counter at the same level.

>>>The lower level is the "departure" level, which is were folks exit and bagge claim is located.

Huh. Which airport are you referring to @darkbeer ? Have you been to this airport ?

here is a map to help you so that you don't confuse folks with incorrect info and strange names for terminals

lawa.aero/uploadedFiles/…202011-0411.pdf

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Terminal B

OK, I made a mistake, but the descriptions clearly show, the Upper level is the "Departure" level, where you check in, go through security and board your plane.

The Lower Level is where the Luggage claim is located, and also where you exit the Customs/Security check at certain terminals.

I am sorry for the brain fart... My Bad.

And yes, as a native Southern Californian, been to LAX many times, in fact about 3 weeks ago, picked up a friend/fellow employee on the lower level. Used the Cell Phone lot, and just drove the loewr level roadway.

As for Terminal 3.5, I was told about the term, which is used by many airline employeees by a senior employee of Alaska Airlines, they prefer the term to make it clearer when dealing with planes and logisitics and moving them around.

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
4,314 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Terminal B

Terminal B is a term not used by anyone I know. Most people call it the Bradley Terminal or the Tom Bradley Terminal or TBIT.

Edited: 16 July 2012, 16:33
Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,711 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Terminal B

Terminal "B" is common on Boarding passes, and on other airline materials, seems like they can't handle a four digit combination, so you will see "B" or "TB" on a regular basis when looking at your schedule supplied by the airline...

8. Re: Terminal B

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 July 2013, 00:16