We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swimming in november

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Shawnee, KS
Level Contributor
4 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Swimming in november

Is the weather good enough to go to the beach and swim during Nov?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
46,849 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swimming in november

well, www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/spac_tmap.html has the water temps along the CA coast. 60s on an average. Most would find that too cold to swim. Some with wet suits may find it ok.

www.weatherundergound.com can give you the forecast during the day and night depending on which beach you are at.

The locals can tell you better but if the forecast is around high sixties during the day, it should be ok on the beach

Edited: 12 November 2012, 16:44
Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,796 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swimming in november

Go to the beach: sure, for sunbathing sometimes, and for brisk walks while bundled up other times. Depends on the day.

Swim: No.

Edited: 12 November 2012, 17:58
West Hollywood...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles
Level Contributor
29,856 posts
65 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swimming in november

Select a hotel with an indoor heated pool. Visit the beach to simply take in the view.

Winnipeg Canada
Destination Expert
for Winnipeg
Level Contributor
4,448 posts
384 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swimming in november

HopSkipJump best idea.

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
19,086 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swimming in november

No ocean swimming now. All the surfers are wearing full wet suits. People are walking on the boardwall or on the Piers.

We walked in Manhattan Beach yesterday, 3 miles south of LAX. The sun is out, people playing volleyball, riding bikes

www.youtube.com/watch…

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
15,275 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swimming in november

Or see if you can rent a wetsuit. Water temps here in Southern California barely get warm enough in the summer months! I can usually grin and bear it when the water temps are a minimum of 69F, but it has to be pretty hot outside for me to even consider it.

There are heated pools available for outdoor swimming. I think the Santa Monica Annenberg pool may be closed, or has shorter hours (the facility is right on the beach). Santa Monica swim center is great and heated. People swim in it year-round.

Santa Monica...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Santa Monica, Mammoth Lakes
Level Contributor
26,535 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swimming in november

Water temps are in the 50s right now, so the answer is no swimming. It could be sunny enough to swim in a heated outdoor pool.

Irvine, California
Level Contributor
69 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Swimming in november

Was just going to suggest this.

United States
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swimming in november

I don't think so. I live in northern climate and we were there last week and I was freezing with just a sweatshirt while we were at Universal Studios. There's no way we would have been able to get in water. =)

10. Re: Swimming in november

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2013, 05:16