We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

costco travel for car rentals

Which Los Angeles hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,345 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
costco travel for car rentals

Has anyone used costcontravel for renting a car? I booked a budget car toyota camery for $676 and other competitors were 800-1100 for the same travel dates. (9 days )

I googled car rental doscounts codes LAX etc and came up with costco travel. I am a costco member and they had 3 major companies they use so they would search the best deal. When doing so budget again was the best price and same toyota 4 door was $540 compared to $676!!

Cosctco gave $35 on a weekly rental discount and up to 30% percent rental for customers.

the reservation looks the same as my previous one. Anyone used this service?

San Francisco...
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
45,812 posts
150 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: costco travel for car rentals

Costco travel is fine. You can use them or use their discount code on your own and budget is a good car company. You should be fine

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,345 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: costco travel for car rentals

Belomiser. Thank you! Very reasonable. Now that i have flights and car rental booked i have to sort out hotels which at this point is a disaster. Lol

Seattle
Destination Expert
for Grand Canyon National Park
Level Contributor
8,528 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: costco travel for car rentals

My assistant at work discovered Costco for car rentals and has used them ever since with good results.

Santa Monica, CA
Destination Expert
for Santa Monica
Level Contributor
14,923 posts
232 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: costco travel for car rentals

I've bought cars through Costco, rented them, booked their vacation packages to Hawaii. All very professional and good experience. Have fun!

Santa Clara...
Level Contributor
16,257 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: costco travel for car rentals

I always look to compare. I have also found deals on AAA Travel.

Kauai, Hawaii
Level Contributor
2,594 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: costco travel for car rentals

^^^ Yes, I just used AAA discount with Dollar direct for 9 days out of LAX.

Midsize = $287 total

Luxury = $330 total

Convertible = $250 total

Anaheim, California
Level Contributor
25,636 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: costco travel for car rentals

Nice to see that AAA is now dealing with all three of the Hertz Corporation Brands, Hertz, Dollar and Thrifty. Got a really good deal from Thrifty out of Seattle using my AAA discount and signing up for their preferred renter program.

It does pay to shop around, and also make sure and say no to any additions/changes they offer when you pick up the car, no matter what Rental Car Company you use.

So.Cal
Level Contributor
299 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: costco travel for car rentals

We check prices each time, and each time Costco comes out the best for us. Another thing we like is that they give you the 2nd driver free. That's not a factor in California, as apparently agencies aren't allowed to charge for a 2nd driver, but in other states it can be a substantial add-on.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
3,345 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: costco travel for car rentals

Just for curiosiity i checked out rates again on Costco ans see if the rates went up much since I booked.

I had booked and had budget for our car rental at $540 but now allamo dropped rates and same trip is $410

$135 savings pretty sweet

$410 for 9 days is pretty decent

Richmond Hill...
Level Contributor
376 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: costco travel for car rentals

Costco Canada also has a car rental ... and for some reason, lately it seems Costco Canada has better pricing than Costco Travel (USA) - I've checked for Miami/Orlando and Las Vegas for October / November.

Costco.ca --> Services --> Car Rental.

Might have luck with LAX too.

Edited: 05 October 2013, 01:36