We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tentative Itinerary

laurendavis
Level Contributor
37 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
Tentative Itinerary

After reading so many great posts on all of the places you all have enjoyed, this is the tentative itinerary my boyfriend and I have come up with.

We will definitely feel free to stay longer in some places if we are having a great time and skip the next tasting. We have no problem veering from schedules.

Please feel free to critique. We are both 30, prefer whites over reds but are open to trying everything, prefer not to be in super crowded places. Hosts' attitudes, like everyone agrees, really makes or breaks things for us.

We'll be arriving Monday, May 21 after 2 days in Monterey.

Arrive in the afternoon.

1:30 – 2:30 Sterling (may not make this depending on traffic)

2:30 – 4 Schramsburg tour

4 – 5: Frank Family tasting

Tuesday we have scheduled the wine shuttle. They have their set list of wineries posted on their site (www.wineshuttle.com/wineries.html). Not sure which ones we'll go to that day.

Wednesday:

10AM: Mumm tasting

11: Frogs Leap tasting

12:30 – 2 Rutherford Hill (we'd like to do tasting and picnic lunch here... any ideas on what's close to pick up the lunch?)

2pm: Cakebread tasting

3: Peju tasting

Thursday:

Mud baths and Lavender Hill, then off to San Francisco.

We've picked this list based on the good feedback everyone here has given these wineries and their proximity to one another.

Also, as huge Dean & Deluca fans, we'll probably want to stop by there a couple of times. Can anyone tell me what that is near?

Also, just fyi, we are staying in Napa at the Beazley House.

Also, since we will be there Mon - Wed I am hoping it won't be too crowded - any thoughts? It is the week before Memorial day weekend though...

Thanks for any suggestions and input! We are so excited for our trip!!

Mentioned in this post
Monterey
Monterey
Monterey County, CA
San Francisco
San Francisco
California
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Beazley House
Beazley House
774 Reviews
Napa, CA
Birmingham, AL
Level Contributor
119 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tentative Itinerary

I think you have a good list. Dean and Deluca is near Peju, so you can swing by there after you taste. Also nearby is Prager Port, so if you like port, give it a try. There is a tasting room across the parking lot from D&D that is interesting.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
25 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tentative Itinerary

Sounds like a fun weekend! My only suggestion would be to put more time in for traveling between tours/tastings. I see you are going to Mumm which is fabulous..one of my favorite places. You may want to budget more time for that. In addition to the tasting, they have an Ansel Adams gallery that is worth checking out.

Have fun!

3. Re: Tentative Itinerary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2009, 03:28
;