We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Domaine Charbay

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
109 posts
19 reviews
Domaine Charbay

Has anyone been to this winery/distillery? Do they allow you to taste any of the spirits? It sounds like fun, but I am curious to hear someone else's experience.

Best Seller
Napa and Sonoma Wine Country Tour
2,378 Reviews
from US$105.00*
Private Sonoma and Napa Wine Tour...
38 Reviews
from US$399.00*
Special Offer
The Ultimate Wine Experience Day Trip...
57 Reviews
from US$106.00*
US$125.00
Napa Valley
3 posts
1. Re: Domaine Charbay

Hi and thanks so much for writing your question. I am the Director of Marketing and PR for Charbay winery & distillery. We welcome visitors by appointment only. We unfortunately aren't allowed by California law to taste the spirits on the property, but we have beautiful still wines (Cabernet Sauvignong), Ports, Aperitif / Dessert wine, and more wine in barrel. The price is $20 per person and it takes about an hour. We have our beautiful Alambic Copper Still on the property that we make brandy in so we definitely talk about the distillation process and have a great time. We fill up quickly so the more notice in making an appointment the better chance of a visit. Check out our website: www.charbay.com or give us a call to schedule a visit. Hope to hear from you! kathy

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
109 posts
19 reviews
2. Re: Domaine Charbay

Thanks for the response Kathy. Are you allowed to sell the spirits at your facility?

Sounds like a good time either way. We will for sure put you all down on our list!

Napa Valley
3 posts
3. Re: Domaine Charbay

Hi and thanks for your interest. Again, California law prevents us from selling any spirits directly. You can almost always find it in a major retail store or when you're in Napa you can try... JV Warehouse, St. Helena Wine Center, Dean & Deluca, Sunshine Market... that should give you a kick start. Also, we produce Pastis, Black Walnut Liqueur, Whiskey, Rum, and we're getting ready to soon release our 24 year old Brandy. Stay in touch! Cheers!!

Napa Valley
3 posts
4. Re: Domaine Charbay

One last message... I just read other emails you've sent inquiring about additional wineries. Make sure to check out www.springmountaindistrict.com. It's filled with great information on our neighbors. I always think once you make the drive up Spring Mountain you might as well make the most of it. :-)

5. Re: Domaine Charbay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 17:19