We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

My proposed itinerary...

Plano, TX
4 posts
Save Topic
My proposed itinerary...

My wife and I are planning to visit San Francisco and Napa this June (first timers). I have created an itinerary based on my reading and searching of these forums. Can someone please take a look at what I have in mind and comment on the feasibility and overall enjoyability of the suggested schedule? I have included the relevant portion of the trip below.

Monday, June 18 (SF->NAPA):

10:00 AM Pick up rental car

11:00 AM Check out of the SF hotel by 12 PM

12:30 PM Drive to Napa Valley

1:00 PM Lunch TBD (on the way maybe? recommendations?)

3:00 PM Mondavi To Kalon Tour

5:00 PM Domaine Chandon (sparkling) open til 6

6:30 PM Check into Elm House Inn (after 3p)

7:00 PM Dinner TBD (suggestions?)

Tuesday, June 19 (NAPA):

8:00 AM Breakfast at hotel

10:00 AM Schramsburg Tour (sparkling)

12:00 PM V Sattui Winery and onsite deli/picinic

12:30 PM Lunch at onsite Deli and Cheese Shop

1:30 PM Frog's Leap or Peju? (suggestions?)

3:30 PM Del Dotto

7:00 PM Dinner TBD (suggestions?)

Wednesday morning we have to head back to San Francisco to catch our flight home.

Napa Valley Wine Trolley
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Dynamic Napa Wine Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Winery Tours Napa Valley
Wineries & Vineyards, Sightseeing Tours, Food Tours, Wine Tours & Tastings
Allure Limo Napa Tours
Sightseeing Tours, Taxis & Shuttles, Wine Tours & Tastings , Private Tours
Level Contributor
36,689 posts
907 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: My proposed itinerary...

We enjoyed very nice meals at Ad Hoc and Redd in Yountville. We also had a very nice lunch at Cindy's Backstreet Kitchen, a cozy little place with great food, it is in St. Helena in Napa Valley. Your plans look great, I hope you have a great trip! :)

Fremont, California
Destination Expert
for San Francisco
Level Contributor
28,927 posts
6,060 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: My proposed itinerary...

I'd suggest for the route to Napa - drive north across the Golden Gate Bridge and stop at the north parking lot for a great view of San Francisco. Then continue up Highway 101 to the Napa/Sonoma exit.

If you leave by 11 am or 11:30 a.m. you can be at Viansa Winery in Sonoma by 12:00 or 12:30. They have prepared foods which you can just buy and enjoy at one of their outdoor tables. Enjoy till about 1:3O or so and then depart to complete your drive to Mondavi.

http://www.viansa.com/

Dinner: Julia's or Celadon- a quick drive from Elm House;

or if you don't mind a splurge simly eat at Etoile at Domaine Chandon.

www.chandon.com/restaurant/default.html

June 19: Just so you know they do a great job of having all the breakfast items ready to enjoy so your morning will be leisurely.

Plano, TX
4 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: My proposed itinerary...

That lunch in Sonoma idea is perfect, I was kind of hoping to fit in a little bit of that area! I will definitely add that to the agenda.

Thanks all for the recommendations.

Plano, TX
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: My proposed itinerary...

Mini: I see you are a SF expert...I actually omitted the SF portion of the trip but I would like to run it by you. Would it be appropriate to do in this thread/forum or would that be better suited for the SF subforum?

5. Re: My proposed itinerary...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 10:18