We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Intimate Wedding in Napa - Scenic suggestions?

Chicago, IL
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Intimate Wedding in Napa - Scenic suggestions?

My fiance and I are strongly considering a destination wedding in Wine Country. We're planning on 25 guests or less (just immediate family). I'm overwhelmed by the amount of information and am really looking for a hotel that will make our wedding beautiful and memorable for us and our family.

My #1 is that the hotel have a scenic location (real Wine Country backdrop) for the ceremony, but I have trouble differentiating all of the different options. I'm looking for lots of greenery and vineyards.

I would really love some advice from those who have favorite beautiful hotels.

thanks so much.

Napa, CA
Level Contributor
4,740 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Intimate Wedding in Napa - Scenic suggestions?

AJTraveler81-

Here's the rub: Some of the most beautiful wine country hotels/inns that specialize in small weddings are not in the middle of vineyards/greenery.

There are precious few facilities that have both (weddings allowed, plus vineyard views), but they *are* out there. To have weddings, the facility must be granted a special events permit (not always easy to get).

Our advice: Hire a wedding planner known for wine country weddings. Since many facility rental fees *start* at $10,000 per day (and go up from there), the cost of a wedding planner may actually *save* you money, if they know of a few places that are less costly.

Or perhaps cost is not a concern. Most of the celebrity weddings you see up here run well into the $200K+ range.

If cost is a concern, one place we know of is the Christian Brothers retreat:

http://www.christianbrosretreat.com/

This place has just a few rooms, with very few amenities-- no onsite food service, or concierge/front desk/bellman, no air conditioning, etc. . .). BUT, it is a beautiful location, and a wedding in the back garden area would be less costly than, say, at a winery. You could all stay at another spot, say, within a 20 min drive.

B R Cohn (a winery in Sonoma county, no onsite rooms) does weddings, as does Meadowood (a resort in Napa). V Sattui winery (in Napa) also does weddings, but does not have rooms onsite (Harvest Inn is about a mile away).

One of the most popular places in the town of Napa is Churchill Manor-- here is an article on wine country weddings, talking about them and other spots:

http://tinyurl.com/22u3xn

These are just a few ideas.

Having an expert planner give you ideas really would be the best way to go-- since things change here all the time. :)

-The Innkeepers

Napa Old World Inn

Mentioned in this post
Sonoma County
Sonoma County
California
Meadowood Napa Valley
Meadowood Napa Valley
1,994 Reviews
St. Helena, CA
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Harvest Inn
Harvest Inn
75 Reviews
St. Helena, CA
Churchill Manor Bed and Breakfast
Churchill Manor Bed and...
472 Reviews
Napa, CA
Louisville, Kentucky
Destination Expert
for Louisville
Level Contributor
2,075 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Intimate Wedding in Napa - Scenic suggestions?

I know this is the Napa forum and I don't want to step on any toes, but there's an interesting explanation about special licensing on this website in Sonoma County- Healdsburg Country Gardens.

hcgweddings.com/HCGWeddings_LegalVenue.htm

When you say a real wine country backdrop....consider there are many wine regions in CA and in the US! One really nice wedding facility is Harmony Wynelands in Lodi. The owner has the old theatre organ from SF and plays the ceremony from right inside the winery. There are gorgeous gardens for the ceremony and plenty of room to party. That's probably a fraction of what a Napa or Sonoma place would charge.

http://harmonywynelands.com/

I would even consider some of the beautiful places in the Finger Lakes region. Glenora Inn is lovely, has a huge back porch overlooking vineyards and a lake. Quiet, too.

Mentioned in this post
The Napa Inn
The Napa Inn
429 Reviews
Napa, CA
Sonoma County
Sonoma County
California
Healdsburg
Healdsburg
Sonoma County, CA
Lodi
Lodi
California
Napa
Napa
Napa Valley, CA
Sonoma
Sonoma
Sonoma County, CA
3. Re: Intimate Wedding in Napa - Scenic suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2009, 15:18