We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newport Beach hotel compared to sea view inn manhattan beach

New Jersey
Level Contributor
64 posts
3 reviews
Newport Beach hotel compared to sea view inn manhattan beach

I’m sure I am overthinking this, but does anyone have a preference? Bringing my 18 year old daughter for two days in early November. Coming from UCLA, prefer something on or near ocean, walking distance -if possible-to boardwalk and/or restaurants and a few activities. Want to relax together but not be isolated. Ubering from LA. Already booked in Newport Beach...thanks in advance.

2 replies to this topic
Manhattan Beach...
Level Contributor
4,941 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Newport Beach hotel compared to sea view inn manhattan beach

Manhattan Beach would be significantly closer to UCLA and LAX than Newport Beach. The Sea View Inn is a very small family owned hotel. It's in a dense friendly residential neighborhood with several restaurants very close and a whole lot about a 15 minute walk away. It's only a block or two from the beach, on a bluff, so you can see the ocean. I have never been inside, but it is popular. The only criticism that I've heard about is that it is not a chain motel with standard generic rooms like most of us are accustomed to. I had a coworker who was ready to leave on the first day and fell in love with it over the course of the week. He liked doing his emails while watching the sun set. Because it is privately owned they have things like bikes, beach toys, and beach chairs for the guests to use.

You would have to tell us more about the Newport Beach Hotel before we could make a comparison. If you do stay in Newport Beach, make sure to Uber over to Laguna Beach for the day.

If you stay in Manhattan Beach, consider bicycling or Ubering to Hermosa Beach, the King Harbor and Hollywood Riviera Sections of Redondo Beach, and Palos Verdes.

Corona del Mar...
Destination Expert
for San Diego, Orange County, California
Level Contributor
59,872 posts
441 reviews
2. Re: Newport Beach hotel compared to sea view inn manhattan beach

I'd stick with the Newport Beach Hotel. It is in a good location with lots going on nearby.

Reply to: Newport Beach hotel compared to sea view inn manhattan beach
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Newport Beach