We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Golfing on a budget

Prince George
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
Golfing on a budget

Hi there. We are going to Palm Springs for our first time in February 2019. The appeal of so many golf courses is almost overwhelming and very exciting. However, coming from Canada, where our dollar value is far from stellar, we are wondering what sites might give us the best option for better golf rates. Does anyone have any suggestions? We do use Golf Now, but are wondering whether there are others as well.

Thanks kindly.

AnnieinPG

10 replies to this topic
Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
for Sedona, Arizona, Monument Valley
Level Contributor
67,372 posts
250 reviews
1. Re: Golfing on a budget

Replied in your walkability thread.

We were 2-4 month winter residents for several years before we joined Mission Hills CC. We used golfnow and other options to play 3-4 times per week all winter long. Our favorite courses included Tahquitz Creek (Resort and Legend), Shadow Mountain, Indian Canyons North and South, Escena, and what is now the S club. Watch for specials at Silver Rock.

We also enjoy reciprocal benefits at Indian Wells CC and Desert Lakes CC. If you have a home club in Canada, check with your pro.

Prince George
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
2. Re: Golfing on a budget

Hi Red. Thanks for all the info. Are you annual members at Mission Hills? Or do they have monthly memberships similar to Arizona? We used to buy 2 month memberships in Lake Havasu at The Courses at London Bridge. It was great as we played almost every day and had two 18 hole courses to choose from. We are really looking forward to seeing a different area this year, so we are like sponges for information. Thanks again.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
67,372 posts
250 reviews
3. Re: Golfing on a budget

Yes, I bit the bullet. Annual membership is the only option at Mission Hills. I stay 4 months but pay for 12. That’s why I suggest Tahquitz Creek. They have two good courses there. And it’s a great value.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
67,372 posts
250 reviews
4. Re: Golfing on a budget

I just received an email from underpar.com promoting Woodhaven CC. Two for $59. That’s a good deal. Probably will go up in the winter.

Prince George
Level Contributor
11 posts
1 review
5. Re: Golfing on a budget

Thanks Red. We'll definitely check these out.

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
67,372 posts
250 reviews
6. Re: Golfing on a budget

https:/…the-golf-club-at-la-quinta

A good deal! Must act now.

Vancouver
Level Contributor
376 posts
179 reviews
7. Re: Golfing on a budget

Woodhaven, Palm Desert CC, Shadow Mountain have reasonable prices. Furtter afield, look at Tahquitz and Mission Lakes. Watch the Desert Sun newspaper for bargain offers.If you are staying a month, some courses have attractive monthly rates or multi-game packages.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,633 posts
444 reviews
8. Re: Golfing on a budget

AnnieinPG

I'm in PS now and was looking this morning to get out today and found booking direct with Taquitz a better deal than golf now , not sure if this is always the case but worth looking at

Sedona, AZ
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
67,372 posts
250 reviews
9. Re: Golfing on a budget

If you book directly at Tahquitz, your fee includes food and beverages.

Raleigh,NC
Level Contributor
50 posts
3 reviews
10. Re: Golfing on a budget

I don't like to spend too much to play anymore but I do like top flight courses. The two that I have playing during my annual January trip are The Firecliff course at Desert Willow and the Gary Player course at Mission Hills. They are excellent courses that are challenging but not brutally hard since I gave up playing those courses years ago. If you search their tee times, you can play for around $100 if you tee off around 12-1pm. I have never had trouble with daylight so this cost reduction is well worth it. You won't be sorry.

Reply to: Golfing on a budget
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Palm Desert