We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Rose Parade tour company for mobility challenged

Wichita KS
Level Contributor
1 post
21 reviews
Save Topic
Best Rose Parade tour company for mobility challenged

I would love to see the Rose Parade but am mobility challenged - use a rollator for walking and can climb only very few stairs. Is there a tour company that can accomodate these needs while still providing a great experience. The amount of walking needs to be minimized as well as stairs eliminated or minimized greatly. I am interested in a multi-day package as I will be flying in.

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
5,918 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best Rose Parade tour company for mobility challenged

I am not familiar with the tour companies, as I live in Pasadena. However, I know that the Tournament of Roses organization has some multi-day tours. They seem to be sold out for 2014, but there is a waiting list. You might want to contact them to see if their tour can accomodate your needs.

tournamentofroses.com/RoseParade/TicketsEven…

I don't know about any other tours, and haven't read any trip reports about them.

Burbank
Level Contributor
343 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best Rose Parade tour company for mobility challenged

I have a better idea. Did you know that the night before the parade, you can view it UP CLOSE and with hardly any crowds?

It would be late at night, but if you are up for it, you can stroll along the parked floats around 1 am the morning, when the cities are lining their floats up. You can get inches from them, and there's not a ton of people out there. REALLY NEAT! I had no idea you could do this. They line up on Orange Grove, just south of Colorado. There is no charge.

3. Re: Best Rose Parade tour company for mobility challenged

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 October 2014, 00:19