We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is there any gay nightlife along the central coast?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Is there any gay nightlife along the central coast?

Looking for gay friendly establishments around Pismo, Santa Maria, or Cambria. Where do the locals go to meet someone?

Santa Maria...
Level Contributor
138 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is there any gay nightlife along the central coast?

In general, I believe this area is very conservative. I know a few gay men and they are all extremely discreet. I've lived here 15 years and I don't know of any gay nightlife scene at tall.

I hope you get some other responses here.

San Diego...
Level Contributor
9 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Is there any gay nightlife along the central coast?

Thanks beachlife! I was hoping someone would see my post. Is there any gay friendly establishments where you've met other family? Take care...

SLO Town
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is there any gay nightlife along the central coast?

I just happened along your post, but wanted to help...

No. There is no gay bars, clubs, or nightlife anywhere in the Central Coast. That being said, there are many gay friendly places! San Luis Obispo is more liberal than the surrounding cities (it is larger and has the college). Cornerview Restaurant has an unofficial gay night on saturday night. It is a casual bar and restaurant for local professionals and is a fun place. Novo is typical date night place and always friendly. We go there a lot. Big Sky is perfect for breakfast and another friendly place with great food.

There is a club in Grover that hosts DJ Mo often for gay dance parties and Native has a great new "Ladies Night" with DJ LezLynn on Wednesday.

Do NOT go to the Carlton in Atascadero, it is NOT gay friendly (although the Spa next door is, interestingly).

Hope I helped. =)

Berkeley, California
Destination Expert
for Berkeley
Level Contributor
5,983 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Is there any gay nightlife along the central coast?

Looks like Momma's got you covered. San Luis Obispo is the only marginally liberal place around, and thus the only quasi gay-friendly spot to be. Very welcoming atmosphere in the downtown area. Towns like Pismo Beach and Cambria are too small to have a "gay scene"--just regular small-town restaurants and business districts and that sort of thing. I suggest you avoid Santa Maria. Despite its size, it is very conservative and generally not gay friendly.

5. Re: Is there any gay nightlife along the central coast?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 August 2009, 12:18