We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easter weekend trip

dallas
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
Easter weekend trip

We are bringing our family ( 3 kids are in their 20s or early 30s) Plan to bike ride ( are there bike paths or can you ride on the beach ?) Kayak ( if we do Channel Islands is that an all day outing ?). Would love to find a nice 4 mile hike in the hills ? And the kids plan to ride horses on the beach. All are good riders. Which stable would be the best choice ? We would like to do a nice lunch and visit a few vinyards while they ride. ( we re Pinot noir drinkers. Any suggestions for a few small wineries with maybe a nice lunch spot ?) I know this is a lot of questions ! But tryimg yo book and get reservations now since it appears this is a popular weekend. And if there is a fun restaurant that appeals to 20/30 year olds I’d love those siuggestins also. Thanks!!

5 replies to this topic
texas
Level Contributor
146 posts
1 review
1. Re: Easter weekend trip

I found Los Padres Outfitters for a beach ride. Anyone used them before ?

Pasadena, California
Destination Expert
for Pasadena
Level Contributor
7,048 posts
50 reviews
2. Re: Easter weekend trip

Funk Zone bars, tasting rooms and restaurants popular with younger people (fine for you too!). Lark comes to mind.

Think the Channel Islands is an all day thing, can't remember the name of the company many people use, it is a popular activity.

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,062 posts
10 reviews
3. Re: Easter weekend trip

Actual wineries are several miles north of SB in the Santa Ynez/Los Olivos area, so your wine tasting will be limited to tasting rooms in Santa Barbara proper. It would not be practical or safe to travel that far while your kids are horseback riding.

Hiking the hills might be a non starter because of the recent Thomas Fire and subsequent mudslides.

dallas
Level Contributor
206 posts
1 review
4. Re: Easter weekend trip

My kids accomplished riders. aged 21-34. And will ride for 4-5 hours. So yes. We will probably drive to the closest vinyard for lunch. It looks Ike Santa Ynez is closer. Any restaurants suggfetins near there ? And my all trails hiking app lists several trails just north of Santa Barbara. Anyone familiar w these ? We love a good moderate easy hike.

Santa Barbara...
Level Contributor
1,904 posts
1 review
5. Re: Easter weekend trip

Island Packers is the primary concessionaire for landings on the Channel Islands. http://islandpackers.com/ A trip to the islands is indeed an all day affair, but a favorite outdoor adventure. Anacapa could be blooming with wildflowers, and baby gulls during Easter. On Santa Cruz Island, I like the Prisoners to Pelican hike better than Scorpions, but the kayaking is better at Scorpion. Watch the ocean conditions. Rough seas are tough on the inner ear.

Visit http://www.santabarbarahikes.com/ for a thorough listing of trails and an assumed status of Thomas Fire impacted trails. Unfortunately, many of the front country trails were impacted. However, Santa Barbara County is nearly 1/3 wilderness. There is plenty of back country and beach to hike - Grass Mountain, Devereux Slough, Red Rock, Wind Caves,Tunnel Trail, Seven Falls, Knapp's Castle, and Aliso Canyon (burned in the Rey Fire, but might be recovered by spring) are favorites.

Demetria Vineyard is a favorite, (reservations requested). https://www.demetriaestate.com/visit-us/

Reply to: Easter weekend trip
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Santa Barbara
Recent Conversations