We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Franciscan or Eagle Inn recommended ?

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Franciscan or Eagle Inn recommended ?

Hello - I have narrowed down our Santa Barbara stay to the Franciscan or the Eagle Inn. Can anyone who has experience of both recommend one over the other? And how does the location compare. We will be travelling by train and will not be hiring a car- so close to the station would be useful. Many thanks in advance for your comments.

8 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
6,760 posts
7 reviews
1. Re: Franciscan or Eagle Inn recommended ?

They're right across the street from each other, a few long blocks from Amtrak. We've never stayed at The Franciscan but can highly recommend The Eagle Inn. Have you perused the reviews for both properties?

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
2. Re: Franciscan or Eagle Inn recommended ?

Thank you ! Yes: both seem to have very good reviews and similar prices, so wondering how to choose!

Texas
Level Contributor
197 posts
3 reviews
3. Re: Franciscan or Eagle Inn recommended ?

You may also want to take a look at Harbor House Inn which is also across Bath St from the Franciscan. We have stayed there 3 times in the last year and I highly recommend. The reviews are stellar.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
4. Re: Franciscan or Eagle Inn recommended ?

Thanks for the recommendation but the Harbor is significantly more expensive, does not include breakfast, and has a couple of recent bad reviews which concerned me. Still deciding between my original two options then ready to sort out an itinerary.

Texas
Level Contributor
197 posts
3 reviews
5. Re: Franciscan or Eagle Inn recommended ?

Where are you finding bad reviews for the Harbor House? All reviews on TA are excellent. Some confuse it with the Harbor View which is nearby. Just a thought.

London, United...
Level Contributor
33 posts
6. Re: Franciscan or Eagle Inn recommended ?

My apologies - confused just as you guessed !!!! Your recommendation certainly does look good (now I am checking the correct hotel)....and is back on my " highly possible" list 😀

Texas
Level Contributor
197 posts
3 reviews
7. Re: Franciscan or Eagle Inn recommended ?

Happy to help. All 3 are in a great location. Walking distance to the beach, Stearns Wharf, the harbor, Funk Zone, train station and State Street. Let us know what you decide!

Manhattan Beach...
Destination Expert
for Los Angeles, Redondo Beach, Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach
Level Contributor
21,905 posts
3 reviews
8. Re: Franciscan or Eagle Inn recommended ?

Sorry, we stay in Harbor View Inn, across from the beach once a year and think it's great. Sunsets are gorgeous. The best rooms are around the pool with large balconies and loungers. Won't work for you because no free breakfast. We go to Sambo's down the street, or order room service.

We stayed at Hotel Milo last Easter and really liked it. The landscaping is the best. Next to Sambos, but they have a breakfast room and nightly wine and cheese. Walked to Sterns Wharf and Funk Zone.

Reply to: Franciscan or Eagle Inn recommended ?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted