We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family friendly wineries in Santa Barbara area/county

3 posts
1 review
Family friendly wineries in Santa Barbara area/county

Hi there. We are a family of six -2adults and 4 children ages 5, 8, 11, and 15. We have rented a house in Carpinteria and plan on doing several day trips from there. Does anyone know if any of the wineries are particularly 'family friendly'? We would love to bring kids, tour some wineries and then have a picnic at one of them...

Thank you for your suggestions!

Grover Beach...
Destination Expert
for Pismo Beach, Cambria, Big Sur
Level Contributor
22,118 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: Family friendly wineries in Santa Barbara area/county

I found three:

Zaca Mesa: http://www.zacamesa.com/visit_us/tasting_room

Qupe: californiawineryadvisor.com/wineries/…Qupe_

santaynezwinecountry.com/wineries/lucasandle…

3 posts
1 review
2. Re: Family friendly wineries in Santa Barbara area/county

Thank you very much- I will check them out.

Santa Ynez...
Level Contributor
191 posts
2 reviews
3. Re: Family friendly wineries in Santa Barbara area/county

I live in the SB county wine country. Zaca Mesa is your best bet of the three mentioned. The other two are tasting rooms not located at the wineries themselves. In other words, they are small retail shops. No place for a picnic, not on the actual winery grounds.

Many of the wineries have picnic grounds and have no problem with children accompanying adults. www.sbcountywines.com can give you a list. I just visited Bridlewood today for the first time in a long while. They have a beautiful property with a lake, horses, picnic grounds. Note though that many of the wineries have picnic grounds but minimal food. You would need to bring a picnic lunch. You can purchase great stuff at El Rancho Market in Santa Ynez. Close to El Rancho is Sunstone Winery, Gainey, Kalyra and many others.

I would recommend that above taking children into a retail tasting room.

The wineries mentioned above in Santa Ynez are closest to Carpinteria. You would take the 101 north to 154 and then exit the 154 at highway 246. Gainey will be about 50 minutes one way from Carpinteria.

3 posts
1 review
4. Re: Family friendly wineries in Santa Barbara area/county

Thank you so much for taking the time to write. We will fiollow your suggestions and head there tomorrow! Thanks for including directions too.

5. Re: Family friendly wineries in Santa Barbara area/county

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 January 2011, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Santa Barbara