We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Santa Cruz or just Carmel???????????

ireland
Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
Santa Cruz or just Carmel???????????

Hi,

On our road trip we will be staying Inverness for a night and then have just decided that we might stay in Santa Cruz before heading to Carmel for 2 nights. Would we be better off just staying Carmel or can anyone tell us why Sanat Cruz might be good for a night? Thx a mill. :)

San Jose, California
Destination Expert
for California
Level Contributor
18,057 posts
120 reviews
1. Re: Santa Cruz or just Carmel???????????

Really depends on your interests.

Santa Cruz has nice beaches and coastline, the Boardwalk, an interesting downtown, the Santa Cruz mountains which are covered in redwood trees, surfing is big in Santa Cruz. Neighboring towns of Capitola and Aptos are nice too. The Santa Cruz area has a different vibe than Carmel or even Monterey.

Santa Cruz is about a 45 min - 1 hour drive from Carmel, and can be on your way from Inverness, so you could stop enroute to Carmel or visit as a day trip as well if you didn't want to change hotels as often.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,497 posts
6 reviews
2. Re: Santa Cruz or just Carmel???????????

I answered you on your other thread and gave you a link to a traveler article for Santa Cruz which should describe what to expect here. check it out.

ireland
Level Contributor
549 posts
1 review
3. Re: Santa Cruz or just Carmel???????????

Hi Guys,

Thank you very much. Will check those out over next few days when I have time and will let you know what I decide. Thx very much.

4. Re: Santa Cruz or just Carmel???????????

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 October 2012, 11:18