We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

animal friendly lodgings

fullerton, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
animal friendly lodgings

i am looking for accommodations in santa cruz that would accommodate my cockatoo.

Santa Cruz...
Destination Expert
for Santa Cruz
Level Contributor
33,486 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: animal friendly lodgings

Unusual request.

You need to google pet friendly lodgings in Santa Cruz. I started to do that but it is a roundabout process and most of them are two star and some of them are not in very good locations.

You should tell them that it is a cockatoo, and not a dog or cat when you reserve. It would seem that a cockatoo in a cage would be preferable to a dog, but will it be in the cage? I love cockatoos and baby sat for our neighbor's for a couple of weeks once.

Delightful bird, but he wasn't exactly house broken <grin> and he did love to be out of the cage.

You might want to look at the Bay Front Inn. This is a block from the Municipal Pier and it looks clean.

http://www.bayfrontinnsc.com/

Good luck.

fullerton, CA
Level Contributor
2 posts
32 reviews
2. Re: animal friendly lodgings

thank you for your quick reply. my cockatoo alba was the king of santa cruz when we lived there in 2001-2002. no cage. alba's cage, which he uses only to sleep in, weight 100 lbs. he is potty trained. what was the name of the cockatoo you baby sat for? was is daisy?

3. Re: animal friendly lodgings

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 May 2012, 00:18
Get answers to your questions about Santa Cruz